THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evil-g

is One Chatty Farker
I was in Walmart and saw this marked down to $35.00. I know it's nowhere near Weber quality but my thought is if it lasts a season or two it's worth it. What say you Brethren?

Attachments

I guess it is worth it, but as one that spent his first 10 years or so playing with cheaper charcoal grills, I would rather just spring for a Weber. This thing will last three years at the most. You can get a brand new Weber 22 OTG for five times that and it will last 10 times as long and cook a lot better along the way.

I guess it is worth it, but as one that spent his first 10 years or so playing with cheaper charcoal grills, I would rather just spring for a Weber. This thing will last three years at the most. You can get a brand new Weber 22 OTG for five times that and it will last 10 times as long and cook a lot better along the way.
I've got a Weber OTG already, I'm just adding to the stable.

I have, let's just say "several" 22" Webers. The OP is showing a 26", which is about $300 in the Weber version. A LOT more real estate for large brisket indirect or a HUGE pile o' meat for direct grilling. I agree that I'd rather have the Weber version, but for $35, it's a slam dunk.

Heck yes. I'll be looking at my local one now to see if they have it at that price. What's it normally go for? Guess i can look it up.

I'm one who says if it doesn't cook nicely, then I don't want it.
Sure - you could buy it + use it just to see, and surely break even if you wanted to sell it.
Covered or in a garage, it could last a long time.
(but you know inside your head it's not a Weber)

I thought WalMart stuff is Made In USA?

Or that was back in the 90s only?

As I recall, even when they had that campaign is wasn't completely accurate but no, at this point it's not even close. I remember watching a documentary a few years ago about the Walmart /China connection and it's impact on a variety of things.

I don't remember the details but the $$ value and volume was staggering. Believe that it represented a substantial portion of US trade with them overall -- though it's possible that they were including indirect impacts too

Back