Walmart $1.96LB Brisket

Just paid $3.49/lb. for a packer brisket at Marcacci meats in Vineland NJ today.

Getting everything ready for an early morning tomorrow so I don't have to set up in the dark.
Hopefully the third brisket will be the charm!

Chris

aa0e38170cd73ac747fbe53a0bf52e48_zps53d3ad14.jpg

I'm so used to NOT buying/cooking/eating brisket it may take me a while to get excited. Been buying the 20-22oz rib eyes and porterhouses (shop carefully you can get four for the price of a brisket) sharing one with wife. I'll be back on the brisket, someday-just not this day. Y'all post up lots of pics, vicarious brisket ;/))

Last edited:
Wallys here has them at $3.68/lbs. Only select in the case. This will be the second select I've done in a row, if it don't come out right I'm going back to choice. Just have to find choice for a reasonable price round here.

$3.58 in McKinney (and not a 14.5" WSM in sight to refer back to the other thread). I'll need to check out other stores as I travel this weekend.

Anyone ever buy the ones where the edges are turning green? Not kidding I bought one and shaved off the green edges a few times now and they are best tasting briskets I have eaten and are good. Until I got a green one I thought brisket was over rated and bland. It really takes talent to cook good brisket. It's not easy to master. Unless your like me and buy a pellet grill and it really makes it much easier. I still got a lot to learn cooking brisket.

Stopped at Walmart and no packers at all and they said they had none left.. and not on sale .. the flats were 7.89lb.. So not brisket for me this weekend.

Anyone ever buy the ones where the edges are turning green? Not kidding I bought one and shaved off the green edges a few times now and they are best tasting briskets I have eaten and are good. Until I got a green one I thought brisket was over rated and bland. It really takes talent to cook good brisket. It's not easy to master. Unless your like me and buy a pellet grill and it really makes it much easier. I still got a lot to learn cooking brisket.

Not sure about green but I have cooked several that had some brownish edges. Just trimmed it off and it was fine.

Greenish brown is what I am talking about it just is the most tender when I get the greenish brown edges on them. Just perfect taste and tenderness. I haven't had one in forever to expensive. I mostly cook chicken now on occasion pork shoulders.

I picked up 2 Select briskets for $2lb from HEB today (limit 2). They didn't look too bad, for $2/lb I'll make it work. If they are terrible, I'll be back here telling about it!

The 2 Walmarts close to me didn't have a sale going on. I need to stock up the freezer again. Some catering has me on a low supply. May need to make a trip to Murphy it looks like.

Back