Fricken’ Prime Brisket

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
I just sliced and panned a prime brisket that I cooked overnight in gravity fed and held all day in electric roaster for my grand daughters graduation party - happening right now AND it’s Pretty Close to Decent - just like All the CHOICE and better Selects I usually cook……… $68 vs $20-$34 I usually pay for Choice On Sale…………

:-?

Last edited:
Not all prime is created equal bro. When there is a prime or Black Canyon choice, I always grab the Black Canyon brand which smokes all the primes Costco has unless it's a CAB Prime.

Piled it High in a Half pan and put the pan in the roaster on Warm for serving line - Everybody Liked it - just scraps left - but was No different than a Choice, more juices left in pan but Taste Wise was Same......

voLdOd5l.jpg

4 Racks of Ribs were a Hit too..........He looks So Lonely.......pan was piled High in a Dome well above the pan

jTuaQ87l.jpg

I don't trust electric roasters. The inside temp might read below let say 150F but the bottom radiant heat if that pan is setting on could be reading 200F+.

That is a lot of rendered fat in the bottom of that pan btw.

I have occasionally over cooked a Brisket - usually gets Chopped - and I will post it and say - "overcooked this one a lil bit but it's Tasty" I have Only undercooked 1 brisket - because it Sucked I will slightly overcook sometimes but will Not undercook one.

I didn't get any slicing pics or before pics cuz was Busy getting stuff finished , sliced and loaded for the party. but I sliced, panned it and poured juices from the roaster over the slices and put the foil pan into the roaster (on rack) and headed out to the party. Had roaster set to Warm for serving. Slices were Moist and Tasty (even before panning and adding juices) - prime brisket had more juices but flavor/ texture/ tenderness was same as many Choice I have cooked........... I can't spend for 4H Farms or whoever or Wagyu so I'ma just stick to Choice On Sale and Save the $34 - for another Choice On Sale brisket........ :twitch:

I have occasionally over cooked a Brisket - usually gets Chopped - and I will post it and say - "overcooked this one a lil bit but it's Tasty" I have Only undercooked 1 brisket - because it Sucked I will slightly overcook sometimes but will Not undercook one.

I didn't get any slicing pics or before pics cuz was Busy getting stuff finished , sliced and loaded for the party. but I sliced, panned it and poured juices from the roaster over the slices and put the foil pan into the roaster (on rack) and headed out to the party. Had roaster set to Warm for serving. Slices were Moist and Tasty (even before panning and adding juices) - prime brisket had more juices but flavor/ texture/ tenderness was same as many Choice I have cooked........... I can't spend for 4H Farms or whoever or Wagyu so I'ma just stick to Choice On Sale and Save the $34 - for another Choice On Sale brisket........ :twitch:

Dude, you don't need to defend yourself. I never said you overcooked it. I bet it was perfect when it came out of the smoker.

I don't trust electric roasters. The inside temp might read below let say 150F but the bottom radiant heat if that pan is setting on could be reading 200F+.

That is a lot of rendered fat in the bottom of that pan btw.

Nesco brand of roaster ovens have a patented "circle of heat", meaning the heat radiates from the sides for more even cooking. Also, there is an air gap between the cookwell and the inside wall of the roaster. So if you use the rack you can safely bake something like a casserole in a baking dish and it's just like using your regular oven.

Funny I find this thread when I haven't been on this site in months. I am trying today, for the first time, a Prime brisket I bought couple days ago at Sam's. For years now I have bought Choice briskets when they go on sale and stock pile in my freezer. Almost always come out good albeit a tad dry sometimes. Always wanted to see if the cost difference was worth the price. I'm gonna guess probably not but you never know unless you try.

At Easter, due to some scheduling issues, I finished a Choice brisket in a roasting pan and held it about eight hours. It was by far the most tender and juicy brisket I've ever done. Sure, you couldn't slice it like a properly done brisket, but who cares. Everybody, including myself loved it.

Back