Air Fryer Died

I love my Corsori.... and use it several times a week. The fish shown earlier is very good and Oreida Fast Food Fries are da' bomb. If you happen to have some of that air fryer specific parchment paper try reheating pizza slices upside down - 400* for about 4 minutes (preheated of course). The toppings are nice and hot the the crust is crispy like it just came out of the oven. Finally, try some canned biscuits (Great Value Buttermilk rocks) in the air fryer.... a mere 7 minutes at 330* will do it with pre-heating. They come out fluffy and golden brown without using the large oven.

If my unit ever dies I'll be getting another.

My son got us an air fryer a couple years ago and I actually use it a good amount. Mostly for vegetables- carrots, zucchini etc., along with melting cheese on tortillas for tacos. Pretty handy unit.
Someone at work brought in a crapload of zucchini from their garden this morning so I grabbed a huge one. Haven't tried in the Woodfire yet.
Number of air fryer recipes looked up call for breadcrumbs and/or parmesan. What's your recipe?

Do you have a instant pot? If not, I would suggest a Instant Pot DUO Crisp. Depending on how much food you like to cook, you can go for the 6 or 8 quart version. I am actually using mine tonight to make Char Siu Pork butt. I love how fast it gets the pork tender with the pressure cook setting, and how nice and Charred up the Air fryer mode gets it. The best part is the easy clean up only having to cook in one pot as Char Siu can get pretty messy.

We got an air fryer about a year ago. I'm still trying to figure out if it is really any different from the toaster oven. It looks like a toaster oven, it makes toast like a toaster oven, it heats up previously fried chicken nuggets and the same fish sticks that Adams posted just like our toaster oven. My wife likes this one better than the toaster oven, I think because it is wider and deeper, but it sure as heck seems like a toaster oven. :noidea:

We had to replace a range recently and the one we ended up buying has an air fryer setting in addition to the convection setting. I was under the impression they were basically one in the same, but the air fryer option “claims” to have a unique heating system with a larger and faster fan than the convection option. Could be total road apples, but it sure crisps up the vittles the way we like em. It also came with a mesh style rack that’s the same size as the standard oven racks, which makes cooking and subsequently demolishing at full bag of crispy crowns much easier… :thumb:

OK, Mongo's post made me google air fryers and convection ovens as I was curious what this unique heating system could be. Anyway, from this article

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/7965810/difference-between-convection-oven-and-air-fryer/

it seems there isn't a whole lot of difference between an air fryer and a convection over except size. They don't mention any unique heating systems. I personally was hoping for a thermonuclear reactor, but I'm outa luck. So, it appears that I was correct and there wasn't a whole lot of difference (if any) between our old toaster oven that had a convection setting and the new air fryer. I'll be sure NOT to tell my wife. If there's one thing I know from 25+ years of marriage is never to show her that I was right as she'll find a way to prove I was wrong and be pissy mad at me to boot.

If there's one thing I know from 25+ years of marriage is never to show her that I was right as she'll find a way to prove I was wrong and be pissy mad at me to boot.

Good call! No sense in provoking her to do some digging and end up finding this claim to make your prediction come true. :caked:

"The heat comes from the top in an air fryer, while it comes from the top and bottom in a convection oven. The top-down method style makes it more concentrated and cooks food faster."

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/f....-,Heating,concentrated and cooks food faster.

Good call! No sense in provoking her to do some digging and end up finding this claim to make your prediction come true. :caked:

"The heat comes from the top in an air fryer, while it comes from the top and bottom in a convection oven. The top-down method style makes it more concentrated and cooks food faster."

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/f....-,Heating,concentrated and cooks food faster.

Oh, so basically a broiler with the convection option. That makes sense. We actually have that option on our convection oven, but maybe not everyone does.

Last edited:
We bought a Corsori that's made like a toaster oven with multiple racks/levels, really like it but a pita to clean, frozen biscuits with sausage on the other side of a foil berm is about 17 minutes. I take foil and make a ridge so no grease runs over to the biscuits, I do 2 and 4 sausage patties, wife passes on the biscuits but I can't resist lol. Some of the basket style had a fire risk I have read, mine is wifi and has a rotisserie which works well.

Costco has a Gourmia air fryer we just love. $49.99 in store and is frequently on sale for $39.99. Have had it for over a year and it is great....and QUIET. It replaced a PowerXL that sounded like a jet engine.

Do you need to replace your stove/oven any time soon? If you do, get the Frigidaire stove that has air fryer technology in the oven. It's fantastic!

Had a convection oven years back. The fan was in the back wall...sideways convection. Cooked things a little faster. Cooked things better if you rotated the dish midway through the cook time.

Near year-old Ninja Woodfire Grill fan is in the lid. Cooks/reheats things a lot faster.

The difference is the big arse fan in an air fryer that circulates the air in a major way. Other than that, there isn't a lot of difference in an air fryer and a toaster oven. Just WAY more cubic feet per minute flow.

You will not commercial ovens have serious air flow too, which is why you can do things in a commercial over or air fryer that you can't do well in a regular oven.

An air fryer is a tiny little commercial oven, but they don't last very long.

The difference is the big arse fan in an air fryer that circulates the air in a major way. Other than that, there isn't a lot of difference in an air fryer and a toaster oven. Just WAY more cubic feet per minute flow.

You will not commercial ovens have serious air flow too, which is why you can do things in a commercial over or air fryer that you can't do well in a regular oven.

An air fryer is a tiny little commercial oven, but they don't last very long.

I have a consumer oven with an air fryer mode. It puts out some serious air flow while in air fryer mode. I still like my Instant Pot Duo Crisp for small batches, and meats that need to be pressure cooked prior to fried. But I do like the oven's air fry mode being able to reach 575F temps.

Son bought a Lg stove with the air fryer, sez the wire rack basket is nla ? pitiful, has tried ever since he bought it without any luck, maybe just not in stock but 1 should come with each stove and not be a addon.

Son bought a Lg stove with the air fryer, sez the wire rack basket is nla ? pitiful, has tried ever since he bought it without any luck, maybe just not in stock but 1 should come with each stove and not be a addon.

Same with my Frigidaire. Pretty ridiculous it doesn't come with one. I think it was like $90 too.

Back