Air Fryer Died

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
New Wave guessing 4-5 years+. Died. Time flies so perhaps longer. Kitchen gadgets don't live forever. Paperwork says 2017. So searching for another. Best Buy has an Insignia 5 quart stainless steel in route. On sale almost half price at $59.99. Free Shipping. Same unit Amazon and Walmart quite a bit higher in price like not 119.99 normal but half tank gas higher.

Fish and chips is a weakness of mine. The only fried food I think about. May have ta pick up some filets and do a kettle fried theme, but on the Santa Maria.
Air fryers seem interesting, but unfortunately I would not be able ta use it enough.

-D

Go big - so you can cook a portion or two of fish on one level, and a bunch of fries on another rack. The extra room for the better air flow really makes a difference. We started off with one of those drawer types, then power xl which has 3 shelves, now the Kalorik french door all in one type unit. Does everything but slice and dice.

"baked" potatoes are my air fryer go to. Microwave for 5 minutes then into the air fryer for another 13 minutes. Gives me time to cook and rest a steak. Most convenient way to make a steak dinner that I have found and like.

Interesting. The online directions that I've seen for air fryer baked potatoes say 30 minutes, which is still less than an oven. I'll have to try the microwave pre cook.

Primarily for this one thing.
Seriously - I deep fry those and there's very little oil left on them from the process. Many things end up being less oily fried than they do in an air fryer. Here's a load of battered chicken fingers and the oil left behind - they were put directly on the paper plate and only drained in the fry basket. No paper towels. I used canola oil with Fryclone oil stabilizer.

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 177
My son got us an air fryer a couple years ago and I actually use it a good amount. Mostly for vegetables- carrots, zucchini etc., along with melting cheese on tortillas for tacos. Pretty handy unit.

Shoot, our air fryer is the most used appliance in the kitchen hands down. It gets used every day at least once for something or another. I'm pretty sure our 22 year old has lost the ability to cook anything that doesn't involve the air fryer.

After going through 3 in as many years, my wife decided to get a decent one and found this Ninja dual zone on a good sale. I really like the dual zone so I can make the kiddo chicken nuggets in one side and tater tots in the other and with the "smart finish" feature they're both done at the same time. Pretty slick.

The ad shows the drawer full of frys and the other full of chicken. You'll never make me believe the contents will be crispy all.
Ed

The ad shows the drawer full of frys and the other full of chicken. You'll never make me believe the contents will be crispy all.
Ed

You'd be surprised. Though often you'll need to give the basket a good shake to move things around about halfway though.

You'd be surprised. Though often you'll need to give the basket a good shake to move things around about halfway though.

I'll second how surprised you would be by the end result. The crispiness mixed with being healthier is the only reason the wife and I have one. They are super handy and produce a much better product than the microwave because of the crispiness.

Back