Vacuum sealers

how much was the sealer? $93.00 on amazon, only one review, it said kinda cheap built to small for his needs. He gave it a 2 outa 5. He up graded to the pro model.

I'm going that way soon, lowes is about an hour away, so i'll plan other things around it, harbor freight and trader joe is right next to it.

I want to get plenty of bags if the price is good

$30.

Man, thats a bargain! Take it for what it is on Amazon, the reviewer said he
never turned it on.
I'd give it a good looking over, for the price. It is a Weston, I think they would still make it with some quality behind it.

I do make a lot of jerky, but I also have a garden with a lot of beans, peppers and leafy vegetables I want to vac, so I'm sure it will get used a lot.
I think the weston will do the job, although I do like the chamber vacs, don't think I'll use it that much.

I really wanted a vacuum chamber pump as well. I had to stop and ask myself why the hell do I need a vacuum sealer. My reason for purchasing one was emergency food stock and preparation. I learned from a very early age watching my father, that you can not rely on anyone in times of need and panic. Pop was a prepper before the term existed. I grew up in hurricane county all of my life prior to the peanut farmer creating FEMA. If you give me 10 minutes in a grocery store, I would make a dash for the bulk food section, while everyone would run for the can isle. Also, I highly recommend gamma seals for bulk storage. Hope this helps.

Man, thats a bargain! Take it for what it is on Amazon, the reviewer said he
never turned it on.
I'd give it a good looking over, for the price. It is a Weston, I think they would still make it with some quality behind it.

Yeah, the Amazon review was one of the few I saw for it. That's why I asked here. Since Lowes is on the way home from work I'll stop by and take a look tomorrow.

Do you know if it has a vacuum port?

65-1001-W
Features

• 110 Watt Motor (120 Volt, 60 Hz)
  • Vacuum Pump delivers 22.5" HG vacuum strength
  • Easy to use controls
  • Control duration with normal vacuum mode or extended mode for large bags
  • Control vacuum pressure with seal mode
  • Separate Accessory Port Function allows for less energy use and prevents seal bar wear when using with vacuum canister (sold separately).
  • 2mm lid-mounted seal bar prevents overheating
  • Seals bags up to 11" (28 cm) wide

Includes: 10 bonus quart sized Vacuum Bags

Well, I did it, pulled the trigger on a Weston 2300 pro. What a nice machine, It'll
suck the dimples off a golf ball LOL.

First run
551he8.jpg

Doing three pounds of beef jerky in the morning. I thought, why not try
vacuuming the marinade, so I rolled the marinated jerky in saran wrap
and stuck in in the vacuum bag and it worked, sucked it shut real good.

Also made a marinade of chipotle infused olive oil,oregano, and balsamic
vinegar. Stuck three flat iron chuck steaks in the canister, tucked them in real nice and vacuumed them, for tomorrow over open fire.
5n412f.jpg

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone gave me. It really helped me decide which one to get, I know it's really the one for me and is going to do a great job!

Well, I did it, pulled the trigger on a Weston 2300 pro. What a nice machine, It'll
suck the dimples off a golf ball LOL.

First run
551he8.jpg

Doing three pounds of beef jerky in the morning. I thought, why not try
vacuuming the marinade, so I rolled the marinated jerky in saran wrap
and stuck in in the vacuum bag and it worked, sucked it shut real good.

Also made a marinade of chipotle infused olive oil,oregano, and balsamic
vinegar. Stuck three flat iron chuck steaks in the canister, tucked them in real nice and vacuumed them, for tomorrow over open fire.
5n412f.jpg

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone gave me. It really helped me decide which one to get, I know it's really the one for me and is going to do a great job!

Smart move. You will enjoy it.
:thumb:

Congrats! I've been using mine almost daily for the past 4-5 months and works perfect. Had to get a portable table for my laundry room to store it on.

Did I miss a part of your post that you got it to seal a 'jar' type of device? Actually I reread that and you did...how did you accomplish that?

Abracc, that is a Weston product that I purchased along with the sealer, it is a 1-1/2 quart vacuum canister, it comes with the suction tub that ports into the sealer and then into the top of the canister.
yakdung told me about this, I used it last night, it works good.
http://www.westonsupply.com/Vacuum-Sealers-Vacuum-Sealer-Bags-s/81.htm

and also this,
http://www.foodsaver.com/accessories-and-parts/foodsaver-wide-mouth-jar-sealer/T03-0023-01P.html

Ours is going set on a little table in the pantry area.

After reading this thread I bought the Weston 2300. Overstock.com for $349.94 shipped. Amazon charges tax where I live. Overstock has a $30 off $350 purchase that you can get through Fatwallet.com. I've wanted one for a while after seeing one at one of my BBQ buddies house during Christmas.

Last edited:
Your going to like it, a lot, it's very well made in my mind.
We've used ours almost every day since we got it last week with all the gardening stuff
coming in.

Back