THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tasterner

is one Smokin' Farker
I am sure by now, many of you know my 3 month old Primo Oval XL was blown of my patio last week and pretty much destroyed, except for the firebox, which somehow survived with only a small chip by the airflow opening. In that thread, I recieved great advice from so many of the Brethren in regards to insurance claims, and I appreciate everyone who offered it. But by far the best advice I got was from those who suggested I contact Primo directly and explain what happened. I did just that in an email on Friday afternoon.

I recieved a call on Monday morning from a young woman named Effie in Primo's Customer Service Department. She started out by saying how sad she was to see/hear what happened. She then asked me a few questions, and asked for some better pictures of the bands/hinge so they could see if any of it was salvageable (both bands were split, but hinge is ok), and they would be in touch with me the next day.

Tuesday she called with about the best news I could have hoped for. They would sell me a brand new top, bottom, and 2 bands for $300 plus shipping! Even with the shipping cost, it will still be right around what my insurance deductible would have been. Needless to say, this is the route I am taking, and am patiently awaiting the arrival of my parts so I can get her put back together.

I know it has been said here many times, but Primo's Customer Service is second to none, even in situations that are no fault of theirs. They truly care about their customers and their love of their products.

Thank you again Brethren, for all your help and advice in this! I will update when my parts arrive!

Don't know if it helped or not but i emailed Primo customer service a link to the thread you made...figured they might see it as good publicity if they did something to help you.

Either way that's AWESOME! :-D

Don't know if it helped or not but i emailed Primo customer service a link to the thread you made...figured they might see it as good publicity if they did something to help you.

Either way that's AWESOME! :-D

Thanks man, I appreciate you doing that!!

Thats great news :thumb:, i was bummed out for you when it happened glad to know Primo has our backs. Now get it back together and get her dirty :becky:

You got that right! Now if we could just talk them into coming out with a portable version!:-D

Back