THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gonna echo some of the previous posts and offer that your exhaust isn't venting enough causing stale and dirty smoke to fill your uds and as such, affect the taste of your meat. i use an iq110 on my wsm(top vent wide open all the time, regardless of cook temp) and it's the bee's knees. brings temps up w/o overshooting and maintains as long as there is fuel. i would be flabbergasted if the iq was your problem. uds and wsm are both vertical smokers and keeping fat off the fire is a concern. i don't use water in my pan. i have balls of foil in the bowl and cover the bowl with foil that i replace after cooks(covering foil, not the balls). it serves the same purposes and is easier to clean.

I agree with others on ditching the hi tech stuff. Properly set up intake and exhaust wise, a uds just doesn't need any fire management tools. They run themselves.

Back