TX Chili Meatloaf

DarkStar11

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
With a little bit of brisk weather in the forecast, a pot of chili was on my mind. A few posts here recently also had meatloaf on my mind. So when I woke up this morning, I thought I'd try combining the two. This cook didn't result in win or a loss - reckon I'll call it a tie. Not a full cook thread, just a description and a before and after photo...

Went with Wild Forks Meatloaf mix (beef/pork/veal), 2 eggs, some panko crumbs, diced onion, garlic, roasted/chopped Hatch green chiles, cubed sharp cheddar, Oakridge BBQ TX Red Chili Mix, AlbuKirky Red Chile Pinon Coffee Rub, and salt, all mixed together.

1raw.jpg

Put it on the Bronco running B&B oak briquettes and some hickory chunks.

2sliced.jpg

While not terrible, there were a lot of flavors going on. On the next try, maybe I'll do lump and oak chunks, or just lump. A little less ORB chili powder and just hit the top with AlbuKirky. Or just ORB. And maybe just beef and pork.

I also love the creativity of that dish. I really like where you were going, now just a little refinement and you will get it right where you want, and then pass the recipe on to the rest of us!

... a lot of flavors going on!? :shock: I got lost reading the seasoning list.

It sure looks good, Kevin! I've not joined the cheese embedded in meatloaf crew yet... but these photos sure make me want to give it a try.

I dig your vector toward simple(r) next time. Appreciate you sharing the journey!

Like Marty, I'd be happy to be your guinea pig. :thumb:

It certainly look good. I do like your direction with the cook. Nice change up and still need to do one with cheese. I finally found some high temp cheese in Pinconning but, it is still patiently waiting in the freezer.

Back