Tuesday night wings!!

Man those look good!!!
I love wings. Thanks for posting!

Those look outstanding... can you share a few more prep details.

Did you apply a good rub?
Did you sauce?
Did you cook indirect/high heat the entire time? Did you roll them over the direct flame at all? What temp did you cook at?

Curious to know... may have to try your method ;-)

Those look outstanding... can you share a few more prep details.

Did you apply a good rub?
Did you sauce?
Did you cook indirect/high heat the entire time? Did you roll them over the direct flame at all? What temp did you cook at?

Curious to know... may have to try your method ;-)

Here's what I did
Washed the wings, patted dry, put them in a plasting bag.added juice of a lime, then added bludawgs kansas city kryptonite rub, shook the bag like a shake n bake to coat them evenly.
Started the kettle as if I were about to smoke them but added no wood.....ran about 275, charcoal on one side wings on the other. One they got a nice color on them I added a whole chimney of blazing hot lump. I think the kettle hit close to 600, I kept the wings as far as I could away from the coals and flipped them quite often. I closed the vents to drop the temp and slowly brought the wings closer to heat untill they were done. I will definately try this method again. ( it was abit of an accident, I added the chimney full to try something else but farked that up. Ended up with awesome wings though!!)

I love wings usually smoke sweet sticky wings. Sunday I did some on my primo pit dusted them with Yard Bird cooked at 280-300 temp then basted with Head County hot bbq sauce. In the last 10 minutes I glazed with blues hog original. They came out sweet with a nice bit of back heat.

I had never tried the Hot head county before, pick it up by accident instead of the regular.

Back