Trying something different. HDD Cupcake Chicken Thighs (Pron in progress)

I didn't wait 30 minutes. More like 15.

E39160E9-5BF1-42BC-A4B4-A34DA409CC46_zps6wn0vnpl.jpg

BB0EB156-AAD7-4388-82BC-56F232564678_zps4tj2leva.jpg

Plated with some green beans and Ree Drummond's Mexican Rice.

914EB23A-5F3E-42AC-9D66-8A1270C9D28A_zpsumjej3at.jpg

DDD37F85-14BE-4F79-A1D5-A8536B10E1B2_zps8en4hyup.jpg

They taste good. Not as spicy as I thought it would be. I am always tentative with HDD. Chicken is a little dry. Next time I will pay a little more attention to the temp, and not as much to the time.

Wow brother those look better than good.

I see the plate has quite a bit of green stuff on it. Did you photograph someone elses dinner?

Wow brother those look better than good.

I see the plate has quite a bit of green stuff on it. Did you photograph someone elses dinner?

Well, I thought about making the plate look more symmetrical. I went back for more rice after the shot.

They look delicious! My wife would kill me if I drilled holes in a brand new tray

Been with my now wife for over 16 years. Never had any cupcake pans until I bought these Saturday. It did kinda hurt to take brand new pans and drill a hole in them. I am thinking that as long as liners are used, they Williams still work. Worst case, I'll throw a small piece of foil in the bottom.

I have the chicken thighs in the icebox right now awaiting tomorrow. I ordered the Myron Mixon Cupcake Pan a couple of months ago but have yet to try it. It is made out of silicone and the holes in the bottom look to be at least 1/2" wide if not a little larger.

Thanks, Larry, for the inspiration. Those look fantastic.

Yeah, the 1/4 holes could have been larger. I look forward to your pics!

BTW, it's Terry...

:mrgreen:

Those look amazing! Going to have to figure out how to do that some day.

You mean you put chicken stock into the muffin pan? How does it not run out with the holes drilled in the bottom, or am I missing something?

Sorry, it was the cookie sheet under the cupcake pans. I said it wrong, but the link above that I followed describes it correctly.

Did you scrape the fat off the chicken skin, or is that only a crazy competition thing?

I *HATE* that step.

And yeah, those look better than good.

Marty

Marty, when I peeled the skin off, if there was any big fat left on the skin or the flesh, I scraped or cut it off. Other than that, I didn't do anything special.

Thanks y'all. I just finished the leftovers for lunch. It was an interesting idea, but it probably won't become my normal way of cooking thighs. As someone above said, I kinda like having that bone to hold onto. I'll probably just do these for special occasions. And next time, I will definitely watch the IT better.

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. But, then again, I was only doing 9 of them, and I wasn't aiming for perfection like someone in a competition would be. You should give it a try. Just watch your temps closer. My smoker was running at 275*ish, and they were done a lot faster than the recipe link says.

Back