Tri Tip Sammiches

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
I can't recall the last time I approached tri tip any different than indirect sliced and served by itself. I felt like something different so figured I've had tri tip sammiches before but never made it myself. :idea:

Limited since I was at the cabin so I made a chimichurri type sauce with whatever I had

2rhGiMwh.jpg

Tri Tip seasoned with Cattleman's Grill Cajun Fusion and BPS Little Louie's Garlic Salt on the JJ indirect

gaedh6Vh.jpg

About 45 or so minutes

ibbXwaMh.jpg

:nod:

bivHUG8h.jpg

Garlic sourdough loaf and pretzel buns

8tcxoMKh.jpg

xEnD8xBh.jpg

Butter

t5Izkjth.jpg

Lettuce, tomatoes, chimichurri

KrtrTtEh.jpg

Sliced tri tip

QRbnQrch.jpg

Piled high with more chimichurri

jW3WEDSh.jpg

Thick cut provolone on the crowns

ztFJM2zh.jpg

After the broiler treatment

bka6iA2h.jpg

Halved

9E6ohSWh.jpg

Served with tomato and cucumber salad with hot chilis on the side

ugsnp8Hh.jpg

Good stuff!

kcz6q8Fh.jpg

Great looking sandwich. I'd be tempted to suffer through those cabin limitations and just stay!

Now that's a special sandwich. I can't tell you how good it looks. The tri trip is great, but the sourdough and provolone look great too. And that cucumber and tomato salad, man o man...

I think that's the tastiest looking Tri-Tip sammich I've ever seen, Sako! Really love all the texture and flavor going on as well. The MSU chimichurri is also a nice touch.

Thanks guys!

Yes, no red wine vinegar and I had to use cilantro instead of parsley because that's what I had. I know first world problems. :-D

Yes, sir! You do a mean job of "roughing it" at the cabin, Sako.

Great looking sandwich. I'd be tempted to suffer through those cabin limitations and just stay!

Oh sure .... you Never have enough of the right stuff at the cabin !!! Jeesh !!! :-D But nice try !!!!

Sliced thin and stacked high, just the way any outstanding sandwich should be! Muy bueno!

That looks great!
What’s that peach bottle in the photo?

Thanks Mike!

It's soda or they call it sparkling fruit drink. Bundaberg is the brand and it's family owned brewed non alcoholic drink company from Australia. Their root beer and ginger beer are awesome. I ran into the peach soda so I grabbed it and it's excellent. Don't do much soda these days but I like small"er" company offerings like this one.

Mmmm... I'll have one please! Need to head out to RD to see if they have any. Love me some tri-tip.

Back