Traeger Timberline Problems, updates and fixes

thanks for the above article, however it does not touch on the Timberline

Agreed. But The pellet section in the article i think could be part of the soot problem with the Timberline issue. I wish i had plans to smoke some meats this weekend to touch base on this excess dust issue i noticed with Treager brand Pellets. Whats troubling is Treager bags are not transparent so you can't tell how much dust is in the bag till you tear it open. The other brand i bought had a clear plastic bag with the company brand printed on the front. But you can see the bottom of the bag, and there was not a spec of dust in the bag.

FYI, the brand is Bear Mountain BBQ Pellets.

Been a while, but my timberline 850 is on SW version 3.00.01. I've been cleaning it after every use. I did a few high temp 500 degree cooks, still takes about 50 minutes to reach temp. It holds it pretty well. I have now given up on using it for any cooks over 450, I just use my Kamado Joe. I did a chicken at 400 and it came out perfect. last week I smoked a Butt at 225 super smoke for 4 hours, no soot, maintained temp for the 15 hour cook. The grill has it's place... next to the Kamado..

Back