Traeger Timberline 1300

Can you see the convection fan in the bottom of the grill? If so, is it covered with a special opening with a lot of holes, or can you see the blades? Where is is placed in the grill?

Your post triggered a thought. Not that it's a great reason to buy a $2,000 smoker but mice were a major PIA for me this winter with my Rectec. I wonder whether or not the design here would be harder for them to get in.

Again, wouldn't be my buying criteria but would be happy with it as a bonus.

On a more important note, food looked great, loved the chicken.

Nope they will get in if they are around. Now, way to control mice.......
Doityourselfpestcontrol.com
Professional stuff that way really well.....

Great review!

What was the reasoning for the limited front shelf depth--packaging?

I am going to wait for the next design revision (or larger version) or aftermarket fix--unless its a non-issue in use.

I am curious as well as to how the pellet consumption was. Maybe give us an idea of how much it would cost to do a cook using the pellets.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_R8NcZJFSw&feature=youtu.be&t=18m29s"]Chris Lilly and Melissa Cookston on this show!! Plus Traeger Timberline review! - YouTube[/ame]

Bosco, curious your thoughts on Max Good's take on the issue with poultry, he mentioned that he never got crispy skin and your spatchcock got very crispy skin, just wondering if you've tried a whole chicken or if you've got any kind of intelligent response to why Max might've had trouble.

I'm not sure what they did but can honestly say that I made my best chicken to date on this timberline. I cooked at 375 for about an hour in the middle rack and this skin was to die for.

I used no oil just the slabs birds and bones dry rub.

I won't comment on that video but I was able to rock what they couldn't.

As for consumption.... once I get back from Vegas, I'll start weighing pellets and give you all a better idea of consumption.

Back