Traeger Timberline 1300

I'm working days all weekend and wasn't planning on this arriving until June. So this was a bit unexpected.

I am hoping to get a burn in done tonight then Sunday night I will be cooking.

What are the grate dimensions?

I will measure for sure when I get home. I believe the bottoms two racks will be 34x19 like the old pro 34 and top likely 34x7. For a total of 1300 sq inches.

The bottom grate can drop down to a lower level to get closer to the heat for higher heat cooks or taller cuts of meat and both the bottom and middle rack slides out like a stove grate for easy access.

Very nice, I just bought a Pro 34 a few weeks ago and I'd have picked up Timerline instead if they were more readily available right now. Oh well, maybe I'll just have two Traegers at some point :p

I got home and loaded a full bag into the oversized hopper. Pretty cool!!

i primed it all and set the temp for initial burn off.

Results
Starts with an internal pre heat
2 min began smoking
6 min 100 degrees
10 min pre heat complete 165 degrees
20 min 325 degrees
30 min 430 degrees
39 min 500 degrees

EA1A61C7-F615-47D3-A058-5C0F939AC614.png

here is a screen shot from the wifi app. This is a pretty cool feature having the built in wifi.

It has been been holding steady at 500 for an hour with a +/- 3 degree swing in temp. Most stable I have seen since playing with pellet smokers.

Ill post a video video of the exhaust as it is pretty cool seeing how it smokes.

[ame]https://youtu.be/HLP4r68Kf4c[/ame]

So for all those wondering... 500 you can hit. I will run another cycle to see if these times change. Not sure if the first burn is different as the on screen display walked me through setup upon powering on.

150 degrees smoke. Once we got to 200 it was pure thin blue smoke. This is their new stack, it's a forced down draft technology

Last edited:
Looks good. Based on the time to 500 I still don't think I'd want it to be my only grill. The size sounds great though. In terms of rack space it sounds like each of the lower two is the size of my rectec -- plus the smaller upper then.

Looking forward to what you think about the cooks.

Awesome! Mine will hopefully be here this week. I went into the dealer where I pre-ordered mine to check the status and they said they were getting two this week. She asked for my name and told me they have me at number 3. I instantly get irritated and tell the girl that I had been number 2 in line since the beginning. I was right behind the guy in line who ordered a 1300 ahead of me. I was 6th overall, but 2nd for the 1300. So I call the manager over and asked what gives. The girl at the counter and the manager are looking at the order tickets say that according to the date on the receipt that mine was order number 2, but someone put an order that was placed 2 days after mine in front of my order. Needless to say it got moved back, but if I don't get a call this week I am going to be upset....:x They don't have an ETA on any 1300's other than the two they got shipping notifications on.

Big day today, I took the grill apart to clean it before I put it through the paces. I wanted to wipe it all down after the initial burn in. I took a few pictures of the inside in the event anyone was curious to see some of the components.

You can see that the grease drips into a slot along the front of the grill and goes through a small filter and down into a hidden drip pan.

1FA80FF4-95F4-4DB1-8884-60AC2280B65A.jpg

19346E8B-C1CE-4987-9FC7-4AEE35129D9F.jpg

I was able to use one piece of foil from the large roll to wrap the deflector. For the first cook, you need to prime the grease trap with water. Im not really sure of the reasoning, but I assume it is to prevent smoke from escaping from that area?

8DD37F7D-212E-4121-9603-A577C32A8D6C.jpg

I moved the grill to the backyard and secured it in its forever home. When not in use, I will wheel it into the shed behind it.

5724F4AD-2CB4-47BB-B88D-8C91E16C6FB6.jpg

DEC22870-AC33-488A-B53E-93BF76119809.jpg

I heated up the grill, noting that it took about half the time as it did yesterday to get up to temp. I got it to 400 and decided to do a biscuit test. I found a heat spot on the right, but learned that it was my error, as I had the deflector slid over to the left to far. Once I adjusted it, everything was great!

I had even temps all around, and I was impressed with the consistent doneness on the biscuits

85B1ED54-7874-4D87-89E1-FC330F5DCABE.jpg

0F868CF8-276A-41C0-93F0-6773C86B2017.jpg

After the biscuits, I wanted to get the grease flowing, so I added bacon and tested the heat zones at 250 degrees. I ran the bacon and found consistent cooking all the way.

E84FD91F-276D-4837-A055-F86E119001EC_1.jpg

I finalized the cook with a spatchcocked chicken. This was the best chicken to date. The skin was super crispy and the meat was juicy. I was very impressed with how crispy the skin got for cooking at 375.

DC8E48C3-82B2-4221-BE9C-0DB3CF6B21DC.jpg

8568A903-5C74-4247-85C4-6568FA256B0B.jpg

CCF994FC-9C89-4D00-9C63-8698D9E3EC0A_1.jpg

I love that the grates slide out, I didn't see how valuable this could be. The wifi app, allows me to not even have to step foot outside until the food is done and the best is the temp stability. The moisture environment was incredible and I never went more than a 3 degree variance from the desired temp.

I cooked low and slow, high heat and grilling temps today. This timberline handled everything that I threw at it without issue.

I am very pleased with this purchase!

Nice update and pictures. Those biscuits and bacon all look exactly the same and chicken looks top notch. Congrats :clap2:

Can you see the convection fan in the bottom of the grill? If so, is it covered with a special opening with a lot of holes, or can you see the blades? Where is is placed in the grill?

Man, you worked that bad boy today! Sure am liking what I am seeing in the 1300 :)

Back