totally Raw/uncooked turn in @ Troy Pig Out, Troy NY, 7/20,14

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

No, not really. Keep your ego, beer and shot! I will keep my honor and integrity.

Considering that I was a lone cook until being rescued by my spouse bringing me medications Saturday @ 2 am, due to developing a Migraine, diarrhea, vomiting, all whilst still pushing through and finishing despite the flu. I would say looking at those scores, not a bad way to lose my pro comp virginity, KCBS. Yes that’s right our very 1st competition!

Easy smack talk for a veteran team to a brand new never competed before that event team. And by those scores for our 1st event, no DAL, no raw meat turned in.

I think cooking with diarrhea and vomitting is probably more dangerous then raw pork. No?

[

No, not really. Keep your ego, beer and shot! I will keep my honor and integrity.

Considering that I was a lone cook until being rescued by my spouse bringing me medications Saturday @ 2 am, due to developing a Migraine, diarrhea, vomiting, all whilst still pushing through and finishing despite the flu. I would say looking at those scores, not a bad way to lose my pro comp virginity, KCBS. Yes that’s right our very 1st competition!

Easy smack talk for a veteran team to a brand new never competed before that event team. And by those scores for our 1st event, no DAL, no raw meat turned in.

I don't pick on new teams, just teams that run their mouths and can't back it up. Rather than offering excuses, I thought with all the yapping you'd be up for the challenge. After all, it is a contest. Is smack talk illegal now too? I help new teams that want to learn all the time. All you have to do is ask in most cases. Heck, we still look for opportunities to learn all the time.

Cooking alone while vomiting, diarrhea, and the flu and handling food for all 4 categories? Is that better or worse than turning in uncooked meat for pork?

this really went off the rails.

Why yes. Yes it did. One might think it was the off season already.

Bill-Hader-Popcorn-reaction-Gif-On-The-Daily-Show.gif

In closing my fellow brethren if I pissed in your oatmeal and ruffled your feathers give me the middle finger when seeing me at a comp. If you’re okay with what was said and do not mind someone who tells it like it is, please say hello.

Hey dude, you're new to the BBQ brethren and you just don't get it. We don't say things on here to anyone or about anyone that would cause anybody to give the finger to anyone. The BBQ brethren isn't about that, so get with the program or make your stay a short one - Phil and the mods don't tolerate it.

Less dangerous than someone with HIV/AIDS or some other transmittable blood disease that compete.

I'm no doctor but...

aidsresource.com:
Unlike most transmissible diseases (colds, flus, measles, etc.), AIDS is not transmitted through sneezing, coughing, eating or drinking from common utensils, or merely being around an infected person. Casual contact with HIV infected persons does not place others at risk.

cdc.gov:
The Flu Is Contagious. Most healthy adults may be able to infect other people beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick. Children may pass the virus for longer than 7 days. Symptoms start 1 to 4 days after the virus enters the body.

flu.gov:
Most experts believe that you get the flu when a person with the flu coughs, sneezes, or talks and droplets containing their germs land in your mouth or nose. You can also get the flu by touching a surface or object that has the flu virus on it and then touching your mouth, eyes, or nose.

WHAT ?!?! You cooked BBQ comp with the FLU and vomiting ?????????
That's just WRONG !!!! I wonder how many people (judges) you got sick.
People like you make me sick.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Holy mackerel. Just catching up on this thread now. Thank you to all the internet tough guys making reading online forums so much fun. I needed a good laugh this morning. Nothing is better than all the folks who get so worked up ping pong'ing back and forth with each other talking smack about comps puffing their "internet chests" out. :clap2:

Considering that I was a lone cook until being rescued by my spouse bringing me medications Saturday @ 2 am, due to developing a Migraine, diarrhea, vomiting, all whilst still pushing through and finishing despite the flu.

Key point here that's overlooked by the gathering pack of wolves - healthy teammate/wife. End of story, nice try in flipping off the real topic. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hey dude, you're new to the BBQ brethren and you just don't get it. We don't say things on here to anyone or about anyone that would cause anybody to give the finger to anyone. The BBQ brethren isn't about that, so get with the program or make your stay a short one - Phil and the mods don't tolerate it.

Thank you for your concern and I appreciate the insight as what the brethren isn't about. However, I did not personally attack anyone, use foul language, or anything contrary to Brethren TOS which would result in the Mods putting me in the penalty box or terminating me from the forum. But if that happens, would that not be poetic justice. "You assisting me in making the main point, not just by me but many others in this thread". :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thank you for your concern and I appreciate the insight as what the brethren isn't about. However, I did not personally attack anyone, use foul language, or anything contrary to Brethren TOS which would result in the Mods putting me in the penalty box or terminating me from the forum. But if that happens, would that not be poetic justice. "You assisting me in making the main point, not just by me but many others in this thread". :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very true words. You are being quite polite in your passive/aggressively trolling responses. And I applaud you for being so subtle :thumb:. Just because you aren't cursing doesn't mean we don't see what you are doing :roll:

The overly "On the contrary sir I'm being very professional in my replies and you are the ones getting worked up, not I, and need to point that out while still deliberately trying to stir the pot" online persona is pretty obvious. And it's just as bad as the guys who curse all the time and neither type gets taken seriously. But I'm sure you know that......

I say keep it up. You clearly like being fed.

Thank you for taking the high road :bored:

Looking forward to your witty "faux polite" retort :grin:

obvious-troll-is-obvious_zpswvs9ocuk.jpg

Edit: oh and if you stayed anywhere near that meat after the vomiting and diarrhea that is really bad. Though I'm sure you will say you completely left to let you wife run the entire show..........but you said "all whilst still pushing through and finishing despite the flu." So I'm guessing you were still there...........which again is really bad

Last edited:

You should read the FOOD CODE before opening your hole. Moral turpitude?? Ha! Quit while you're behind.

Employee Health and the Food Establishment
Employee Health - Management Responsibilities
What symptoms of foodborne illness should food establishments be most concerned about?
Food establishments should be most concerned about the following symptoms:
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Jaundice (yellow skin or eyes)
Sore throat with fever
Infected cuts and burns with pus on hands and wrists
What should food employees do when they have symptoms of vomiting or diarrhea?
If at work:
Stop work immediately;
Report to management; and
Go home and return after at least 24 hours have passed since the vomiting and diarrhea symptoms ended.
If the symptoms occur before the employee arrives to work, he or she should:
Notify the manager by telephone; and
Do not report to work until at least 24 hours have passed after the diarrhea and vomiting symptoms have ended.
What should food employees do if they are not feeling well and their skin or eyes turn yellow?
Report the symptoms to their manager or employee health department immediately and seek medical attention. The employee should not return to work until after receiving clearance from a health practitioner. If the employee is jaundiced for more than 7 days, clearance from the local health department is required.

[

Considering that I was a lone cook until being rescued by my spouse bringing me medications Saturday @ 2 am, due to developing a Migraine, diarrhea, vomiting, all whilst still pushing through and finishing despite the flu./QUOTE]

Key point here that's overlooked by the gathering pack of wolves - healthy teammate/wife. End of story, nice try in flipping off the real topic. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I came here to make another point, then read the last few pages and I have to say something.

You, Head Foolz, are questioning some people's or somebody's honesty and integrity and whether or not they should have been allowed to cook, yet you admit TWICE ACTUALLY that you were sick and "pushed through" the cooking. Even if you had a hundred health teammates, your presence there was dangerous, irresponsible, and wrong. As a man who has managed restaurants and has taught food safety, you should not have been there. If you were an employee at a restaurant working in that condition, the restaurant would be in trouble for having you even clocked in. Before you try to shame others, make sure your own house is in order.

Also, you have been given some advice on how the. Brethren do things. We understand you're new here and probably still think we are like other forums. We are not. The owner, Phil, and the mods do a great job of fostering an atmosphere that makes this place far superior to other places I've seen. We are a close community, even family. You are off on the wrong foot, but we are a forgiving bunch and most of us have hacked others off. Please, cool your jets and your rhetoric and be civil and you will Lear a lot and make friends. Otherwise, you will miss out on a lot.

Earlier you told someone else who was extending an olive branch to you, btw, to "keep his ego." Heed your own advice, friend. Relax and stop trying to impress us...or whatever you're doing. Have fun. This is BBQ after all.

Be at peace.

I came in to ask a question that may sound stupid to most, or all, of you, but please bear with me.

Regarding the raw meat that was turned in. What, exactly, is the big deal? I mean, if or those of us who don't think the team, organizers, or reps were cheating...what is the big deal? Surely not food safety and/or sanitation, as the judges aren't stupid - seeing raw meat, they were smart enough not to eat it -and seems they didn't even handle it. Seems to me that turning it in obviously raw was safer than turning it in almost cooked to a safe temp where the judges may have eaten it.

Sorry, if I'm just dense...

I came in to ask a question that may sound stupid to most, or all, of you, but please bear with me.

Regarding the raw meat that was turned in. What, exactly, is the big deal? I mean, if or those of us who don't think the team, organizers, or reps were cheating...what is the big deal? Surely not food safety and/or sanitation, as the judges aren't stupid - seeing raw meat, they were smart enough not to eat it -and seems they didn't even handle it. Seems to me that turning it in obviously raw was safer than turning it in almost cooked to a safe temp where the judges may have eaten it.

Sorry, if I'm just dense...

Some people seem to have food safety issues in mind, and others question how or if existing rules were applied. Because of the way the current pork rule is written there is a legitimate question about how the entry scored anything other than a 20.

Because pork may not be parted prior to reaching an internal temp of 140 or 145 (I actually have it saved on my phone:laugh:)) there was a violation if the pork was raw. If the pork was raw, and not parted there was only one sample in the box. That entry was given a score of 42.240, or something close to that but above 20 indicating that the entry was not disqualified as the rules would require.

For some people the Jack and the draw process is also a factor. A contest two years old, or older needs a minimum of 25 teams turning in all required entries, and AS OF THIS YEAR those entries must all be judged. KCBS had a policy of accepting a late entry, and disqualifying it to avoid a contest with a minimum number of teams losing their qualifier status because 1 entry happened to be late. They thought they needed to tighten their requirements up this year, and did so. It's Jack's party, at Jack's house, and his rules.

Fairness, related to the Jack, is another issue for some. Some people define fair as Jacked Up BBQ not being punished because someone turned in allegedly raw pork and not having this contest removed from the draw. Other's define fairness as not including a contest, that arguably wasn't a qualifier, in the draw and diluting the chances of other teams that will be included in that state's draw by winning other, unquestioned, qualifiers.

As long as my explanation was, that's a dramatically simplified version.:laugh:

Some people seem to have food safety issues in mind, and others question how or if existing rules were applied. Because of the way the current pork rule is written there is a legitimate question about how the entry scored anything other than a 20.

Because pork may not be parted prior to reaching an internal temp of 140 or 145 (I actually have it saved on my phone:laugh:)) there was a violation if the pork was raw. If the pork was raw, and not parted there was only one sample in the box. That entry was given a score of 42.240, or something close to that but above 20 indicating that the entry was not disqualified as the rules would require.

For some people the Jack and the draw process is also a factor. A contest two years old, or older needs a minimum of 25 teams turning in all required entries, and AS OF THIS YEAR those entries must all be judged. KCBS had a policy of accepting a late entry, and disqualifying it to avoid a contest with a minimum number of teams losing their qualifier status because 1 entry happened to be late. They thought they needed to tighten their requirements up this year, and did so. It's Jack's party, at Jack's house, and his rules.

Fairness, related to the Jack, is another issue for some. Some people define fair as Jacked Up BBQ not being punished because someone turned in allegedly raw pork and not having this contest removed from the draw. Other's define fairness as not including a contest, that arguably wasn't a qualifier, in the draw and diluting the chances of other teams that will be included in that state's draw by winning other, unquestioned, qualifiers.

As long as my explanation was, that's a dramatically simplified version.:laugh:

Thanks, Jorge...so, basically, you're saying that there's really no issues at all, huh? Just as I suspected. :heh::shock::laugh:

Did summer get over and it is winter now? It's hard to believe in that it was over 100 degrees today here in Dallas. Oh well it could be a long year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back