THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have never really done any research in cooking chicken, just what I read on these forums and some cookbooks. It was the first time hearing about this technique. Will I try it probably not, just interesting. Only thing I really got was cook with the chicken legs open.
I do like some of you and take the chicken up to a higher IT, just better results for me.

I like taking my time also when I cook, got to enjoy a few beers while I'm at it.

There was a good article from thermoworks talking about the young birds bones/cartilage aren't developed and the blood leaches through...and although it's safe many restaurants will over cook bird/parts just so they don't get complaints.

That's one of the reasons to seek out full grown chickens. You can also ask for capons. Either way, the older larger birds have a better flavor to them and look more appetizing than the pigeon sized babies they try to pass off as chicken these days.

145° for chicken?!?

Not around here, 170°/175°... I wouldn't eat 145° chicken, not to mention serve it, but that's me...

I've always cooked to 165° in the breasts. Never had any problems or complaints. Breasts juicy enough for me!

We grill a lot of boneless breasts. I try to pull between 150 and 155 and it coasts up some from there. Seems to give me the right texture and a lot of moistness. I don't do a whole lot of whole birds though

Back