The Wait is Over-Introducing My LSG Vertical Offset

I am one happy man. After impatiently waiting for a few months I finally received shipment of a vertical offset from Lone Star Grillz. I came home from work to this at the curb.

The shipper was not supposed to put the crate on top of a pallet but they did and made life a bit tougher. After making a ramp out of plywood I was finally able to get the smoker in its resting place.

Here she is hanging out with Mr. Skeleton.

Seasoning in process with help from my little one.

Also had to stack a half cord of a red and white oak mix. My little helper was there too.

I am very excited to get cooking on the new pit. I haven't burned sticks in a few years so looking forward to tending a fire again. A big thanks to Sako who gave me some great insight on this pit with all the available options. Big bbq coming this weekend.

Nothing like getting a new baby home is it???.....Great seeing ALL those happy smiling faces!!....congrats on your new cooker and all the joy that will come from it!

If I ever bought a high end rig that LSG Vertical offset would be what i'd get....such a sweet looking rig.

It looks like LSG as changed the front door design instead of being flanged ....??

Any pics of the back of it ?

How long was the wait?

Welcome back to what I call the caveman in all of us! I feel like I have to have stick burners. Maybe age will and circumstance will force me to reconsider, but I love the look/concept of your LSG VO. It makes scientific sense with heat rising. Build quality is untouchable.

Is that an insulated firebox? I was just on the LSG website and was surprised to find their insulated box is only $100 more than their 1/2 inch thick upgrade. I also found it interesting that they have a lifetime burnout warranty on the 1/2 inch firebox but not their insulated.

This is their standard firebox. I did add on an ash pan and their standard 1/2 inch charcoal grate is awesome. The only other add ons I have is a pull bar, stainless steel front foldable table and extra thermometer. Being in Southern California I didn't feel the need for upgrading the firebox and I was already pushing it on the budget.

If I ever bought a high end rig that LSG Vertical offset would be what i'd get....such a sweet looking rig.

It looks like LSG as changed the front door design instead of being flanged ....??

Any pics of the back of it ?

How long was the wait?

Yes they did change the door design, I will take some pics shortly once this coffee starts kicking in. The wait was just over 4 months.

That's awesome. I've got the same smoker with a few different options. Really wish I would have listened to Sako and got the stainless steal table. How long did you end up having to wait for it?

Does look like they have a new door design. Mine has the flanged door and has never leaked at all..none. Makes me wonder why the change.

That's awesome. I've got the same smoker with a few different options. Really wish I would have listened to Sako and got the stainless steal table. How long did you end up having to wait for it?

I had originally ordered my vertical offset with a SS table. I ended up putting the money into an insulated firebox. To me, using aluminum foil on the table works really well. I just wrap it around the edges. After cooking, I just remove the foil and throw it away rather than having to clean a SS table. Easy peasy... it may not look as fancy but it works.

Does look like they have a new door design. Mine has the flanged door and has never leaked at all..none. Makes me wonder why the change.

This....that flange is a big selling point in his videos in the past....and it looks great..

Only thing i can think of is it's probably less work to press brake the door instead of cutting the flat bar and welding it in place...makes for less metal to metal seal though. But if it works and still seals good then i guess it's all good...I just like the look of the flat bar around the edges instead.

I had originally ordered my vertical offset with a SS table. I ended up putting the money into an insulated firebox. To me, using aluminum foil on the table works really well. I just wrap it around the edges. After cooking, I just remove the foil and throw it away rather than having to clean a SS table. Easy peasy... it may not look as fancy but it works.

It just never occurred to get the SS table so anytime anyone has and LSG order in I tell 'em to get the table. But I do like Springram said and cover with butcher paper and clip with those picnic table clips.

yjAddiph.jpg

I was smart enough to get the folding front table which has actually worked out pretty well. I have an old kitchen cart that is the perfect height for the door, I just fold down the front table and roll the kitchen cart up when Im getting stuff in and out of the smoker. I almost got rid of it back before getting the smoker but glad I hung on to it. I think I may go ahead and take it apart, sand it down, and refinish it along with getting a custom fit cutting board to go on top.

I was smart enough to get the folding front table which has actually worked out pretty well. I have an old kitchen cart that is the perfect height for the door, I just fold down the front table and roll the kitchen cart up when Im getting stuff in and out of the smoker. I almost got rid of it back before getting the smoker but glad I hung on to it. I think I may go ahead and take it apart, sand it down, and refinish it along with getting a custom fit cutting board to go on top.

The folding table is def handy. I always fold it down when cleaning. Makes reaching in there easy.

This....that flange is a big selling point in his videos in the past....and it looks great..

Only thing i can think of is it's probably less work to press brake the door instead of cutting the flat bar and welding it in place...makes for less metal to metal seal though. But if it works and still seals good then i guess it's all good...I just like the look of the flat bar around the edges instead.

Less work was what I'm thinking also. I'm certain the new design is fine but I love my flanged door.

Congratulations, she is a real beauty and it's obvious how happy you all are.

Back