THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamMadMan, you rock! Thanks for taking the time and sharing this info and your knowledge with us all. I am a novice at best when it comes to curing and have had the problems you speak of with internet recipes. I've been using ThirdEye's recipes for pastrami, etc, because I trust his expertise. This thread is being bookmarked and will be used as reference for future cures. Everything in one spot will make it much easier.............and safer! :thumb:

............And I second the suggestion of making this a sticky!

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time and sharing this info and your knowledge with us all. I am a novice at best when it comes to curing and have had the problems you speak of with internet recipes.

I've been using ThirdEye's recipes for pastrami, etc, because I trust his expertise. This thread is being bookmarked and will be used as reference for future cures. Everything in one spot will make it much easier.............and safer! :thumb:

............And I second the suggestion of making this a sticky!

You should be very comfortable using Wayne's (Thirdeye) Posts, Recipes, and his Blog. He is very thorough with his work and has a genuine passion for the craft of curing and the smoking of meats.

I reference his posts to others all the time because he is always on the mark.

Thanks for all that info and all the help on mowe. You're a mad scientist, keep that up!!!

Last edited:
PSA from a rookie sausage maker. Don't be this guy.

While researching sausage making I stumbled on this video. I saw a guy using this curing salt without measuring it.

I'm sure the guy didn't know but this is a total curing salt NO-NO. It made me cringe when he did this. I hope the comments made him rethink his method of measuring.
https://youtu.be/kEPYb80o5Ko?t=392

Back