The quest for the perfect fatty continues this weekend

I made som fatties last weekend and took them into work. They had never had them before, now they want me to take orders and custom smoke them. I loved the praise, but don't know about taking orders.

Bigdog said:
Great post Ching. I too am always on the quest for the perfect fatty and really enjoyed your trials. Also, I too am Czech and enjoy Czech food. Will be looking forward to your results.

Have you tried the Slovacek's sausage? It is my current favorite.

Sorry I missed your question Bigdog, but I have never tried Slovacek sausage. Down in this part of Texas, I prefer sausage from places like Eckermans in Shelby (between La Grange and Brenham), Kasper's in Weimar or Praseks in Hilje. Chappel Hill used to be a favorite but success has hurt their product quality. The pan sausage I used this past weekend came from Eckermans.

by the way, I had a couple of fatty/bisquit sandwiches for breakfast this morning. Talk about awesome. I am hooked. I nuked a couple and smelled the kitchen up with smoke flavor.

chingador said:
Sorry I missed your question Bigdog, but I have never tried Slovacek sausage. Down in this part of Texas, I prefer sausage from places like Eckermans in Shelby (between La Grange and Brenham), Kasper's in Weimar or Praseks in Hilje. Chappel Hill used to be a favorite but success has hurt their product quality. The pan sausage I used this past weekend came from Eckermans.

by the way, I had a couple of fatty/bisquit sandwiches for breakfast this morning. Talk about awesome. I am hooked. I nuked a couple and smelled the kitchen up with smoke flavor.
I reccomend that you try them some time and tell me how you like them. I buy them in Kansas at my local Sam's (Evil Empire Outlet). My fav. is the Jap. I will have to see if I can get some Eckermans.

I think the only way to get Eckermans is to go there. They are a small operation. Kasper's in Weimar might be more accesable.

chingador said:
I think the only way to get Eckermans is to go there. They are a small operation. Kasper's in Weimar might be more accesable.
And that is what makes them so good. Thanks.

chingador said:

If you ever find yourself in College Station, Snook is close enough to stop in to see the Slovacek folks. They have some nice stuff in the meat case as well.

Twisted up a few fatties this weekend.

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 156
Looks good, Kevin. Nice passtime for a winter weekend, huh?
Having them in the freezer is like having money in the bank, only better tasting.

qman said:
Looks good, Kevin. Nice passtime for a winter weekend, huh?

Yes it is. I'm having a ball. Did Italian and Maple yesterday. Chorizo ala qman this morning. Thinking about running in to town and picking up some more pork today and making a batch of jap sausage.

Looks good Kevin......I've been thinking about getting a meat grinder, any reccomendations?

jpw23 said:
Looks good Kevin......I've been thinking about getting a meat grinder, any reccomendations?

A better one than I've got! LOL. If the meat is almost frozen I can grind a little less than 1 pound per minute. If the meat is refrigerator temp it takes longer. I think if you had the metal auger and housing you could freeze everything before you start. That's how I did it with my hand grinder.

Kevin said:
No but I'm thinking about making some jap sausage today. I'll try it. Good Idea.

1 Ounce Of Jalapeno per Lb of pork will get you there

Back