The quest for the perfect fatty continues this weekend

jpw23 said:
Looks good Kevin......I've been thinking about getting a meat grinder, any reccomendations?
Hey jpw if you have a cabela's by you they had there 100.00 meat grinder on sale for 49.99 I bought one and it worked great. I did about 40lbs in 15 to 20 minutes. you can check on line to.

www.cabelas.com

Got my first Italain JD Fatty's smoking as I type this reply. I hope they turn out as good as I've seen on these post.

Came up with a new combination this morning that looks promising. I fried up a test patty to check the flavor. Gave my wife a piece (of the fried sausage) and we liked it so well I ended up frying up about a pound. As soon as it warms up a little I'll have 4 new fatty flavors to smoke.

This is what I used:
5 pounds ground pork
5 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground de arbol
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons ground ancho pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
8 to 10 cloves garlic mashed to a paste, put some of the beer in the mortar to help with the mash
12 oz. bottle of Dos Equis

Sounds Great Kevin !!

pig3.gif
I Love Pork !!

for the latest installment in the search for the best fatty, I have 3 Czech pan sausage fatties twisted up and ready to go for Saturday. I am doing them "relleno style". I roasted anaheims for 2 fatties and poblanos for the other fatty, which i stuffed cheddar cheese inside of. I will post pron on Saturday. The pan sausage comes from prasek's smoke house in Hillje, TX.

Good smoking this weekend bros

I just had a "Manamana" moment. Jalapeno stuffed with the largest piece of shrimp I could fit in there, cream cheese, mozzarella and a little garlic powder. Wrapped it up in Jimmy Dean maple sausage. Oh Yeah! This is my best one yet.

Pig candy coming off in a few minutes. Butt's for supper tonight. I need to take monday off more often.

A healthfull platter.

Kevin, make sure you take pics of the pig candy. I gotta see it!

This was my first try at pig candy. Put a little too much brown sugar / cayenned on or did it too late in the cook. The bacon was getting too crispy before the sugar carmalized completely. Still tastes good!

Attachments

• Snack platter.JPG
    Snack platter.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 52
The Kitchenbitchamatic will not eat any JD products, if fact she will only eat RB Rice and it is not in any stores here (Denver CO area), it was sold all over when we lived in St. Lous area. I will agree that it was good there, another problem here is the beef and pork is tough as hell because it is NOT corn fed, range fed is all brown grass and weeds and that is what we have here.

Yeah but you guys have good skiing. You can't have great skiing and good bbq...just doesn't work that way...:wink:

Back