THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very nice looking Humphrey's.
Here's my Pint
20160212_112624.jpg

Just left the Humphreys shop, spent a bunch of time talking to Chad and got to take a good look at one of his gravity feed smokers being built. Impressive amount of work involved. Not my cup of tea, don't see the real benefit when I can get 15 hours on mine in 0 deg weather. Yes you can keep adding fuel and cook forever. But at the cost of a lot more weight, size and dollars. They do look badass though!

Yes I picked mine up there last week, Chad and the boys know their stuff! I just got my Guru fan this week so I will be trying the maze today. No pit Fan- no maze, I made that mistake.

For the guys using a temp comtrol device, are u using a maze in the firebox or just filling it up?

First couple cooks on my Pint I didnt use a maze but ordered one just to see how it went. I like it.

Found that it added a good couple/few hours to the cook time (in case it is needed). Used it the first time this past weekend and opened the firebox a couple times to check the burn, it is pretty awesome.

I have a CyberQ with a PitBull fan so pretty good ATC and will keep using the maze along with it.

Come on guys!! It has been too long since an addition to this thread. I am still waiting for my phone call from Humphrey's and need to see come more dirty photos of a sexy Battle Box. I think I have already seen everything the net has to offer. Anyone? Make sure the door is wide open. :icon_smile_tongue:

Are you guys storing your humphreys outside in the weather or rolling them inside when not using. I am patiently saving my pennies and and figuring out if I need to clean the shed or garage to put it out of the weather. I am quite a few months off of funds, but am planning things out. I have my options in mind just $$$

I store my WSM inside but that is easy as picking it up and carrying it inside.

Back