The New Costco Santa Maria: Santa Maria Pits

SoCalWJS

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
John
This is probably not going to reach too many in the area, but......

The New Costco in Santa Maria opened today, and Santa Maria BBQ Outfitters has a one week special on some pits I've never seen before. I took a couple of photos on my phone, but haven't found a new photo hosting site after Photobucket did its' thing.

They have 2 models of single axle Santa Maria Pits there.

1) 6' pit $4899
2) 60"x40" $3699

They also have their largest (standard available to my knowledge) backyard model which is 24"x60", but split into roughly 1/3 on one side and 2/3 of the length on the other, for $799. This is about $100 less then at the local stores.

If I were in the market for a new pit, I'd be taking a hard look at the larger backyard unit, but my old one is holding up really well. The idea of being able to comfortably build a larger fire and have a hot vs cool end is mighty tempting. Most of the local vendors seem to work this way and either do bread on the other end, or hold the Meats there to keep them warm before serving.

Info: I am not affiliated with the company in any way shape or form. Just nice to see a local company with such a large footprint at a Costco, even if it is only for a week.

Back