The Jamaican - Italian Connection? Pffft... sure, why not!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
The original plan was to have our favorite Cajun shrimp over fettuccini alfredo. Amazingly, CINCHOUSE couldn't find any decent shrimp here in East-Bumblefark, so she hollared at me as I made my way home a bit early from the office.

We agreed that we'd get creative... so I checked the Oriental Grocery (no dice, but they do sell good-sized prawns in 2.2kg packs) and the butcher (nope.. just landlocked stuff).

Hey! Why not grab a whole chicken and use my newly arrived Oakridge Jah Love to have Jamaican Jerk Chicken instead of the Cajun spice on the shrimp!?

Followed the directions on the package and made up a wet rub of equal parts of Jah Love and Oil... rubbed it up under the skin of the chicken breasts, and all over (and inside the cavity) of the chicken. I even got a little crazy and put a quartered lime in the cavity (you can just see it peeking out).

2016-09-22%2017.43.00_zpse6uqlyay.jpg

Fired up the Weber 22, running indirect at 350-400 with the dregs of what I used for last night's fajitas.

2016-09-22%2017.43.07_zpsfaq7sbas.jpg

Kinda crappy light, but you can really see where I was able to get up under the skin with the Jah Love wet rub.

2016-09-22%2020.02.33_zpsumc6o1n5.jpg

Momma makes a killer Alfredo sauce (she's only been working on it for last 16 years)... and though we had to substitute gluten free spaghetti for the fettuccini, the meal was excellent.

2016-09-22%2020.10.04_zpskrhz61vj.jpg

Decided against chopping up the bird and mixing with the pasta. Cut and added it bite-by-bite...

This works well together, folks. Looking for something different for dinner? Jamaican & Italian... who knew!?
I even got nutty and sprinkled a little Jah Love over my "leftover" pasta & sauce at the end. Delicious!

Kudos and thanks to Mike and the rest of the Oakridge family!

looks very tasty mate, pasta goes with anything i reckon

Thanks for taking a peek and for the kind words, folks.

Do you happen to have Mama's Alfredo recipe?

Let's see...

This makes a half recipe (enough for 2 reasonable servings of pasta):

Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a pan over medium-low (don't want to scorch or burn anything)
add 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic combine with a whisk
add 1/2 brick Cream Cheese and stir with a whisk until it's all melted and combined
add 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese and mix well until melted
The sauce will be rather thick and sticky at this point.
Thin the mixture with milk (whole or get crazy with some Half & Half) until you reach your desired consistency.

Enjoy!

Back