Jah-Dropping Flavor!

CivilTrojan

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Chad
After getting some rubs from naturiffic and oakridge for Christmas I finally tried the Jah Love Jamaican jerk chicken, and it was delicious!! I mixed up 1/3 cup seasoning with 1/3 cup olive oil, got 2 bags (each one had a boneless skinless chicken breast and 2 chicken legs), put half of the mix in each bag, and let them marinate overnight. The next day I sous vide one bag at 150 for 2.5 hours and grilled the chicken from the other bag. The chicken breast I grilled I took of when it reached 155* and tented with foil, I also put the chicken from the sous vide on the grill for a few minutes to get some color, I left all of the chicken legs on the grill until they reached 170*. It was some of the best chicken I have ever had in my life!! The flavors were delicious and the chicken was tender and juicy.

If you haven’t tried Jah Love Jamaican Jerk chicken rub from Oakridge BBQ, do yourself a favor and do it!!

After getting some rubs from naturiffic and oakridge for Christmas I finally tried the Jah Love Jamaican jerk chicken, and it was delicious!! I mixed up 1/3 cup seasoning with 1/3 cup olive oil, got 2 bags (each one had a boneless skinless chicken breast and 2 chicken legs), put half of the mix in each bag, and let them marinate overnight. The next day I sous vide one bag at 150 for 2.5 hours and grilled the chicken from the other bag. The chicken breast I grilled I took of when it reached 155* and tented with foil, I also put the chicken from the sous vide on the grill for a few minutes to get some color, I left all of the chicken legs on the grill until they reached 170*. It was some of the best chicken I have ever had in my life!! The flavors were delicious and the chicken was tender and juicy.

If you haven’t tried Jah Love Jamaican Jerk chicken rub from Oakridge BBQ, do yourself a favor and do it!!
Thanks for the awesome review, Chad! Jah Love is so good!!

Yes! Jah Love has been good on chicken pieces, pork steaks, pork tenderloin, and pork riblets. This post just reminded me that I have been meaning to put it on some fish. That may be my plan for the weekend?

A buddy and I cooked 4 thighs indirect on a Weber kettle using Jah Love rub last night.
1/3 cup peanut oil, 1/3 cub Jah Love and let the thighs marinate for 3 hours or so. (There was drinking so I'm not positive how long they sat.)
B&B Lump, Apple chunks. Cooked the thighs until they were at about 170-180.
Jesus H Christ! The best thighs ever. That rub was hot. The flavor was INTENSE!

I've used this rub before, but I don't think I let it marinate and I may not have cooked them on the grill.
Gonna do this again for sure.

Anyone that looks fer a notch above and can handle a bit of kick...it's a disservice ta yer palette ta be without the jah.

-D

Back