Texas Mega-Bash - Sat Oct 17th @ Belton Lake

Looking at the amount of food people are bringing, I think I'll bring 2 slabs of beef ribs instead of 4. I think there's way more food than people. What do you think folks?

If you want to cook for 50 people just let me know. :heh:

I went by the site tonight. No sink.

Thanks for checking on the sink. Like I said we should be rolling in to Temple tonight and at the park in the morning.
If anyone wants to get together this evening, just let me know.

I got 4 slabs of Angus Chuck Plate Short Ribs thawing and some marinated some mediteranian style lamb chops for lunchtime or snacking.

5c27782ccb29b433d6f1b93b2d4739af.jpg

Anybody got ice, beverages, cups, plates, utensils covered yet?

I've got paper towels, plates, cups and some utensils in the go box. Someone local should probably grab ice.

I've got paper towels, plates, cups and some utensils in the go box. Someone local should probably grab ice.

I grabbed a small pack of everything last night. Hopefully combined it will be enough. If not I can send my wife for more. I can get some ice. There is a small convenience store really close.

Just loaded th truck with the weber, utensils and accessories. Prepping some stuff now. Can't wait. Will we miss all the goodies if we get there around noonish? I gotta try that deep fried bacon!!!

It breaks my heart to say that I won't be able to make it. I've been trying to squirrel away gas money. I've got meat in the freezer, so I'm covered there...but I just can't do it. Lord willing, I'll make the next one. Any chance y'all could have it closer to San Antonio? I can only be in my chair for so long, and being in the van is pretty hard. Since I can't sleep away from home, I have to make the drive in a day. I know you guys are worth it and I really tried to make it happen. I am praying for you all to have safe travels, good memories, and good food. I KNOW ya have the good food covered. please share some pron.

If anyone needs bail money, call me. I don't have the money, but I want to laugh at your dumb arse for getting locked up ;)

God bless you all and your time together"

I'm also locked and loaded. One cooler iced up with vacuum sealed meats, other cooler iced up with 2 jugs of Red Diamond Iced Tea. Call me uncle Sy but I gotta have my iced tea.

Got some Southside Market sausages and some Real Ale Brewing Co. Hans Pils ready to go in the morning. I will toss it in the cooler and be on my way.

This is the farker who first proposed the idea of a Texas Mega-Bash and the date was 7-13-2004.
Well, by my count we have half the state of Texas in this group.

Any you Texans want to check the feasibility of a giant bash down there?

Anyone know of forest preserve/camp ground mods available, or is it all farking desert.

This is the thread that went on for nine years until SmittyJonz said "enough already!"

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8691

Now it's the eve of THE LONG AWAITED TEXAS MEGA BASH!

See all y'all mañana!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E"]What I Like About Texas (new) - YouTube[/ame]

Just loaded th truck with the weber, utensils and accessories. Prepping some stuff now. Can't wait. Will we miss all the goodies if we get there around noonish? I gotta try that deep fried bacon!!!

It's all good. We can do it rounds. We have two or three items we will try to cycle through.
:thumb:

Back