Texas Mega-Bash - Sat Oct 17th @ Belton Lake

Gonna be bringing my free sample of Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub that I received today from Mike at Oakridge BBQ. Smells incredible and looking forward to using it on some tri-tip.

Thanks again Mike!

Carne_Crosta_Steakhouse_Rub_Front.jpg
Hell yes!

Love Mike's rubs!

I pretty much have the family convinced to stop on our way down so long as we don't get a late start driving down. Hoping to be there around 11a or 12p, just in time for you guys to take some meat off a cooker :becky:

We'll be the folks in the 26' Uhaul, CX-9 with a kiddo and a dog, and a Tahoe with a trailer :eek: Hope there is lots of parking!!!

Yee haa! Just couldn't imagine a bash without peeps and family!

peeps, notice on Utappd that you've been enjoying Octoberfest beers and will bring you a Schlafly one that we got in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago.

I have some Oakridge Santa Maria too if anyone is interested to do a side by side comparison and if there's an extra tritip for that.

Gonna be bringing my free sample of Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub that I received today from Mike at Oakridge BBQ. Smells incredible and looking forward to using it on some tri-tip.

Thanks again Mike!

Yee haa! Just couldn't imagine a bash without peeps and family!

peeps, notice on Utappd that you've been enjoying Octoberfest beers and will bring you a Schlafly one that we got in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago.
Sweet!!!!

Glad you can make it peeps! Maybe we can get 16Adams to show up since he misses you so much.:heh:

I have some Oakridge Santa Maria too if anyone is interested to do a side by side comparison and if there's an extra tritip for that.

I was bringing a couple so that sounds like a great idea. Haven't tried the Santa maria rub.

We will be driving in to Temple on Friday night. Hope to be at the park by 7:30-8:00.

Should I bring some plates and eating utensils or has someone got it covered?

Also is there a sink somewhere to do a little cleanup at the pavilion? :doh:

Should I bring some plates and eating utensils or has someone got it covered?

Also is there a sink somewhere to do a little cleanup at the pavilion? :doh:

I normally bring foam plates, bowls, cups, utensils, paper towels, etc. Since I will not be the first one there this time, if you want to bring some stuff also that would be great.

Wifey will be coming along after all. That means more dessert as she will definitely want to cook something. Also, is the place dog friendly? As In dog I mean an old lazy dog that loves everyone and especially the smell of BBq.

I got 4 slabs of Angus Chuck Plate Short Ribs thawing and some marinated some mediteranian style lamb chops for lunchtime or snacking.

5c27782ccb29b433d6f1b93b2d4739af.jpg

Anybody got ice, beverages, cups, plates, utensils covered yet?

Looking at the amount of food people are bringing, I think I'll bring 2 slabs of beef ribs instead of 4. I think there's way more food than people. What do you think folks?

Wifey will be coming along after all. That means more dessert as she will definitely want to cook something. Also, is the place dog friendly? As In dog I mean an old lazy dog that loves everyone and especially the smell of BBq.

Todd, looks like pets are allowed but must be on a leash at all times.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/belton/faq.asp

Who is doing the Bourbon Pie? The Strawberry yummy thing? The BadAzz corn dip?

Sounds like Kevin wants some carbs with his meat. Will try to save you a kolache.

Back