Tex-Mex Meatloaf! ~ Cooks Thread for the "Ground Meats!" Throwdown

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
On the menu last night was my Tex-Mex Meatloaf with Queso sauce, Bean & Cheese Poblanos, and Mexi corn. The meatloaf has 50% ground beef and 50% of my homemade chorizo, hi-temp cheese along with onion, garlic, cilantro, Wooster, panko, 1-egg and bacon on top. The poblanos were stuffed with a mixture of pinto and black beans, onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro, coriander, and cheese.... then they got more cheese on top when cooking. The Mexi Corn had sweet corn, red peppers, zucchini, oregano, cilantro and everything was sauteed in butter.

rgI5qzg.jpg

Xouab4g.jpg

On to the BGE right before sundown

LtsifXB.jpg

5NsCaQ9.jpg

S5UPTe8.jpg

Next the poblanos are invited to the party. These take roughly 40 minutes to cook. The pepper gets about as tender as an ABT.

s6r2n16.jpg

37RPJ1u.jpg

This slice shows the hi-temp cheese

YH4xSCi.jpg

Plated and ready to enjoy.

mrLu5RZ.jpg

Last edited:
It all looks excellent!
I love southwest/Tex Mex cooking.
Tell me more about the Queso sauce if you don't mind.

Here is how I make it....
Queso Sauce
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno
2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 to 1/2 cup lowfat milk
3 ounces of Monterey jack
3 ounces of Colby or American
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt & pepper to taste
Heat olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper until they soften. Sprinkle with flour, stir until all veggies are coated. add 1/4 cup of milk and stir to incorporate. Begin adding cheese until melted. Add more milk if needed for the right consistency, season with salt and pepper, stir in cilantro and serve.

Everything about that plate screams "dive in", and I did and cracked my head on my screen. You hit on all cylinders with that cook. Outstanding job!!

Back