THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worktogthr

Full Fledged Farker
So, I have made pizza with the 2 ingredient dough with great success. Usually at 450 on a stone in my oven for about ten minutes. This dough is so versatile, I wanted to see how it held up to higher heat cooking, more in the Neapolitan style on the Blackstone. So the dough is as follows:

1 cup fat free greek yogurt
1 cup self rising flour (and a little more if the dough feels too sticky)

Just made a sort of margherita for this experiment:

Italian tomatoes blended with garlic, olive oil, salt, red pepper flake, and oregano

For my first experiment I didn't want to go to high so the dome temp was around 650 and the stone was around 700.

The results were pretty damn good considering I expected the crust to burn to a crisp. Obviously the crust didn't rise as much as a normal yeast dough but it did have some bubbling. I am no pizza expert but I thought that was pretty cool. Could have maybe left the pizza on a little longer or pushed the heat up a little higher. Will definitely mess around more with this but overall it was a tasy effort.

HzAap6ym.jpg

aYBb50Pm.jpg

Ia3UUOrm.jpg

Hope the pics worked. I already ate lunch and its too early for dinner. I guess a couple of slices makes a nice afternoon snack.

So, I have made pizza with the 2 ingredient dough with great success. Usually at 450 on a stone in my oven for about ten minutes. This dough is so versatile, I wanted to see how it held up to higher heat cooking, more in the Neapolitan style on the Blackstone. So the dough is as follows:

1 cup fat free greek yogurt
1 cup self rising flour (and a little more if the dough feels too sticky)

Just made a sort of margherita for this experiment:

Italian tomatoes blended with garlic, olive oil, salt, red pepper flake, and oregano

For my first experiment I didn't want to go to high so the dome temp was around 650 and the stone was around 700.

The results were pretty damn good considering I expected the crust to burn to a crisp. Obviously the crust didn't rise as much as a normal yeast dough but it did have some bubbling. I am no pizza expert but I thought that was pretty cool. Could have maybe left the pizza on a little longer or pushed the heat up a little higher. Will definitely mess around more with this but overall it was a tasy effort.

HzAap6ym.jpg

aYBb50Pm.jpg

Ia3UUOrm.jpg

Hope the pics worked. I already ate lunch and its too early for dinner. I guess a couple of slices makes a nice afternoon snack.

We make homemade yogurt that is thick like Greek yogurt, but not fat free.I wonder if this would work....

Looks good. Although I gotta ask, is that supposed to be some sort of healthy pizza dough, or just differemt?

I believe it started as a weight watchers thing. The dough has a lot less flour then a regular dough, no oil so I guess its supposed to be lower in calories and carbs.

Back