THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats thunter.. :thumb:

Can I ask why you chose a lang over other pits? I'm having a tuff time deciding between lang and a couple others, and would like to get as much insight as possible.

Congrats thunter.. :thumb:

Can I ask why you chose a lang over other pits? I'm having a tuff time deciding between lang and a couple others, and would like to get as much insight as possible.

Thanks!

Actually, this decision has been at least 3 years in the making. Partially because I'm pretty cheap when it comes to buying things for myself. I chose Lang because I love the smokers! They are quality built, proven on the BBQ field of battle, and the reverse flow feature and function are spot on. I know guys who have Langs so I really am familiar with how they operate. So, I didn't go with the Old Country models because the quality of the builds vary way too much. The last Over and Under I saw had overhangs on the front lid and the firebox door, about a 1/4 inch. Others I have seen have other imperfections. Almost went with the Yoder Loaded Wichita, and the only reason I didn't was honestly due to my dream of owning a Lang. There are some great Old Country pits, definitely some great Yoders, and numerous others. Bottom line, you have to do your own research, be patient, and choose what you believe will work for you. Really, there are some amazing pits out there, and I could have gone with several others, but Lang has been my dream pit for years, and now I'm getting one.

Not sure this helps, but get what you think will work for you. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Actually, this decision has been at least 3 years in the making. Partially because I'm pretty cheap when it comes to buying things for myself. I chose Lang because I love the smokers! They are quality built, proven on the BBQ field of battle, and the reverse flow feature and function are spot on. I know guys who have Langs so I really am familiar with how they operate. So, I didn't go with the Old Country models because the quality of the builds vary way too much. The last Over and Under I saw had overhangs on the front lid and the firebox door, about a 1/4 inch. Others I have seen have other imperfections. Almost went with the Yoder Loaded Wichita, and the only reason I didn't was honestly due to my dream of owning a Lang. There are some great Old Country pits, definitely some great Yoders, and numerous others. Bottom line, you have to do your own research, be patient, and choose what you believe will work for you. Really, there are some amazing pits out there, and I could have gone with several others, but Lang has been my dream pit for years, and now I'm getting one.

Not sure this helps, but get what you think will work for you. [emoji4]

Thanks Tony. Appreciate the response.
I'm looking at the Lang 48 deluxe trailer, or 60 standard.
To mess with my mind some more, looking at meadow Creek and bubba grills also.

I talked to Lang today for about 45 min. He was very helpful, but was also tooting his horn by saying bubba and meadow Creek are copies of his older pits. Lol.

I've got a pellet grill for my smaller cooks, so I'm not going through withdrawal.

Thanks Tony. Appreciate the response.

I'm looking at the Lang 48 deluxe trailer, or 60 standard.

To mess with my mind some more, looking at meadow Creek and bubba grills also.

I talked to Lang today for about 45 min. He was very helpful, but was also tooting his horn by saying bubba and meadow Creek are copies of his older pits. Lol.

I've got a pellet grill for my smaller cooks, so I'm not going through withdrawal.

I was teetering between the 36 and the 48, and I'm glad I went bigger because I know I'll wish I had the extra space. If you go with Lang, go with the higher end of your search. If you're considering a 60, you'll probably need it. [emoji4]

Back