Sunny's Chicken Lollipops @ RB Bridge

Michigan BBQ Fan

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Scott
Last Monday, I made Chicken Lollipops for the first time. For guidance, I used Malcom Reed and Diva Q's suggestions/recipes along with tips for my post on here.

My senior rescue dog, Sunny, a lovable GSP was my trusted assistant (she's in the last photos.) After finishing these on the smoker we had to take her to the emergency vet and she didn't make it back home again. She is now at the Rainbow Bridge and these will forever be in my smoking' cookbook as "Sunny's Chicken Lollipops"...

Started off with some plain ol' supermarket Chicken Legs, cleaned off the end/handle...

29uy59h.jpg

Applied a two-coat rub; 1 - Kroger Chicken Seasoning 2 - Rib Rack Dry Rub Original...

34pfbd0.jpg
33atf93.jpg

jqq29x.jpg
14tbvro.jpg

euj8kn.jpg

In a disposable foil pan, a bit of butter and ready to go. On the WSM, with some Jealous Devil lump, a bit of Apple Wood, hanging out around 300 degrees...

25sv12h.jpg

After a bit on the smoker, time to dunk in some sauce...

15i5d2t.jpg
30jo8s1.jpg

mcterr.jpg

Beautiful and delicious! My kinda cook...

11uxiyc.jpg

53mwj4.jpg

15g3zb4.jpg

These are a few of the last photos ever taken of Sunny during this cook...

2dl8wtl.jpg

20584zk.jpg

There is not a single cook I have ever posted on here that Sunny has not been by my side. She was a part of our family and we deeply miss her. If you are on that the smokes/grills with a dog by your side. Stop and pet them as often as you can. Sunny lived her last years with us, she was loved by many, had numerous medical issues that lead to her decline but she brought endless joy, serenity and sunshine into my wife and I's hearts each and every day...

256ye81.jpg

P.S. We are forever grateful to Illinois Shorthair Rescue (http://ilshorthairrescue.com) for bringing Sunny into our lives.

28hg5eb.jpg

The chicken looks great. I am very sorry for your loss. I dread the day my bbq buddy leaves us. She was a great looking dog. You can see the joy and love in her eyes.

Great looking chicken. Sorry to hear about your buddy. I lost mine a little over a year ago and it still hurts. I did get a new dog and it dose help but I still miss my Lucky Dog.

Very sad to hear that you lost one of your best buddies. Probably running around on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge telling all his friends about cooking and eating your BBQ.

Back