Sunday Steak Extravaganza

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
We have family in town so we had a little Sunday steak extravaganza. I picked up a couple nice looking cowboy ribeyes from Sam's, weighing in about 2.5lbs each. My brother brought over a couple boneless ribeyes and filet mignon from a grass fed grain finished cow he bought.

When I do just S&P on a large ribeye, I like to use large seasoning, so I set the pepper grinder to very coarse and use whole sea salt.

Seasoned up some potatoes with garlic, thyme, and rosemary to cook on the grill while the steaks reverse sear

Onto the grill with a couple pieces of cherry until the steaks reach 118-120* IT

I pulled the steaks and let them rest once they hit the target IT and opened up the grill intake and exhaust to get it up to sear mode

Got a nice color to them, all done

The big steaks will rest while I direct grill the grass fed ribeyes and filets

1.25" thick so they cook quick

Next up, asparagus

Grilling some peaches for a grilled peach cobbler experiment

That'll do

While we ate I used the residual heat to bake the cobbler, it turned out pretty tasty but the crust could use a little refinement

A little steak variety - reverse sear cowboy ribeye, boneless ribeye, and filet (and some bourbon off to the side) it was good :thumb:

Last edited:
My goodness that looks wonderful. I predict this cook will make it into a throw down.
BTW, I could be related to Edgar Cayce so I will sell lottery predictions for a fee. :mrgreen:

Back