Quick Ribeye

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
Nothing fancy here - just a quick ribeye on the BGE rubbed with SuckleBuster's Campfire and Espresso. I haven't had a grilled steak in a while, and this scratched the itch. :-D

5eV7ZeCh.jpg

With them on sale at $5/lb I bought 2...Cut one into 3 HUGE 2" plus steaks and deboned the other and cut 6 about 1", 1&1/2".....Just too much right now so they'll wait till next year...Where in the Pineys are you?...Lived in Voorhees for 22+ years and keep a boat at a friends in Laurel Lakes, near Del Bay..

Looks perfect. I am cooking one tomorrow with a filet for Kay. I am cheating- will sous vide them for about 2 1/2 hours at 135 and then sear in a cast iron pan or on the blackstone. Prob the cast iron as it is easier to clean then the blackstone in the dark

I could live on ribeyes!!! Krogers had a sale on ribeye roasts for $7.99/lb. I bought several and went back this morning and got another 14+ pounder. I de-boned it and cut two 11/4" steaks, kept the bones, and will tie them back on and roast the rest. That is unless the steaks are so good that I can't stand to roast it. Can't lose either way. :clap2:

Back