Sunday Spinning Shenanigans - Lamb (w/ Pr0n)

I would leave the netting on because it is boneless and will keep it more uniform for an even cook. Can't wait for the final results!

This was a cook I did from a while back ago - it was a pre-seasoned boneless leg that I cooked on the rotisserie, and kept the netting intact, which I suggest you do:

Pulled the leg from the fridge.

Kept netting intact as I put it on the spit.

Little bit of EVOO to help the seasoning stick.

Naturiffic Lamb Seasoning.

SfhtVswl.jpg

Moose, I hope mine comes out to look half as good as yours...

Looks like you ran a touch hotter than I did on the birds (or perhaps just heat closer to the lamb?).

Moose, I hope mine comes out to look half as good as yours...

Looks like you ran a touch hotter than I did on the birds (or perhaps just heat closer to the lamb?).

Marc,

This was the coal setup:

I now use the Weber charcoal baskets, which are great. I'd really like to know how you like the Cajun Bandit Roti setup. Looks super sturdy and well-built!

After about 90 minutes on the move, the chicken temped at about 168 in multiple places.

2RWEI95l.jpg

CINCHOUSE and my helper were in dire need of lunch, so I cut up individual pieces, and we noshed.

ixlowHNl.jpg

This is easily the most juicy chicken I've ever cooked. The skin was almost bite-through, so I should've stoked the fire a little bit toward the end and run a touch hotter.

The flavor was good enough that the kiddo was singing its praises (she doesn't do that for proteins much these days) and The Boss said, "This is farkin' amazing!" I had very little to do with this, but owe John (SirPorkalot) for the help.

Ladies about to go down for a nap. Plotting out the course and timeline for the lamb, next.

Should I pull the net off the boned leg or should I just apply the rub over it/through it and roll? I'm leaning towards leaving it for the sake of keeping everything together (duh) on the spit.

Hot damn!
Great looking yard bird.

Thanks for the charcoal setup, Moose.

I think I was basically doing the same with El Diablo lump on either side of a couple of fire bricks.

XSUk9eTl.jpg

Lamb's resting... but I think I overcooked her by about 3-4 minutes. We'll see the verdict when I get to slicing.

About time you posted some of this!

Right!? Sheesh!

Rested the lamb, cut the net.

drmvu4el.jpg

The shaved brussels sprouts w/ bacon were out of this world. - Just enough apple cider vinegar to cut through the richness of the bacon and the rest of the meal.

njAJiKwl.jpg

Turns out, I didn't overcook the lamb - very much rare to medium rare (exactly how we like it).

7kN2THDl.jpg

Dinner is served! (with a nice glass of Coppola Claret, to boot!)

mGGaTNml.jpg

Munchkin CLEANED HER PLATE... she ate it ALL - all the lamb, all the brussels, and all the mashed potatoes. Day-um! Y'all called it! She must be going though a growth spurt.

Lesson Learned:
- Higher indirect heat is a must. This means cleaner smoke (or general absence thereof). Chicken was great, but a little much smoke flavor on the lamb that overpowered the Naturiffic Lamb Seasoning. When we came back with a light dusting on a finished slice, the flavor was ridiculous (as expected). Lavender!? Who saw/smelled that coming!? Awesome.

I blame all of you who've been cooking on one of these rotisserie things over the last few years for this purchase. That said, I'm really impressed with this Cajun Bandit setup. It's very high quality stuff with good instructions. The fit and finish on the kit is tops.

Now, I wish I could get a set of Octoforks from Keith in Fort Wayne...

Back to the grind early tomorrow as I teach a couple of old-heads on a transition course from the Air Force Rescue side of the house.

Y'all kick some tail this week. See you on the other side.

Right!? Sheesh!

Turns out, I didn't overcook the lamb - very much rare to medium rare (exactly how we like it).

7kN2THDl.jpg

Lesson Learned:
- Higher indirect heat is a must. This means cleaner smoke (or general absence thereof). Chicken was great, but a little much smoke flavor on the lamb that overpowered the Naturiffic Lamb Seasoning. When we came back with a light dusting on a finished slice, the flavor was ridiculous (as expected). Lavender!? Who saw/smelled that coming!? Awesome..

Yea, I do cook lamb at a higher temp with less smoke than pork or beef, but you nailed the temp on yours. It looks delicious!

The lavender is traditional with lamb and provides a slight floral note to the rub.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Everything looks amazing Shadow!
Can't believe how fast Munchkin is growing... what a cutie! :grin:

The meal looks fantastic Marc! I have a bunch of octoforcks hardly or never been used I would gladly ship to you, if interested send a pm.

Back