Stuffed Red Peppers

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I realize I've posted Stuffed Red Peppers a number of times, but it never gets old.

Extra large onion burgers were started a few days ago when I made the Korean BBQ Meatballs -

vIjChGP.jpg

Sweet Italian Sausage is added to the ground beef filling. No rice in these Stuffed Peppers -

cJcdBro.jpg

Combine the diced sausage, the crumbled burgers, Worcestershire, Tomato Sauce and Shredded Mozzarella. Bovine Bold added to enhance the flavor, which did the trick -

bPUw3cF.jpg

Stuff the peppers, top with tomato sauce and mozz -

jQbAQW7.jpg

Back out to the Goldens' they go, indirect for about 30 minutes. Everything is already cooked other than the peppers and the aim is to retain some of their crunch. I don't like soggy peppers in my stuffed peppers -

T3zUKQv.jpg

kHzrFyC.jpg

lep386G.jpg

Dinner is served -

rszFeiN.jpg

wHZtY7H.jpg

NE3PEbS.jpg

As good as always. It's been years since I've added rice to the meat mixture, I don't miss it one bit.

Thanks for checking out tonite's Stuffed Red Peppers!

Regards,
-lunchman

Love it, Dom! I don't have those often as my wife isn't a big fan of bell peppers, so until I get a chance to make them for myself, I will enjoy them vicariously through you.

Looking great as usual. I love a stuffed pepper too. For my $, the red is the best - beats the standard green by a mile.

Back in the day, when we had liver once a week because it was $0.25 a lb, we added rice to stretch it out.
Yours look
Good.
Ed

Back