STL spare ribs on thOklahoma Joe.

BigBobBQ

Babbling Farker
I was in town today and saw 2 nice looking racks of STL cut spare ribs that were on sale. I decided to pick them up for dinner tonight and for the Throwdown. I seasoned them up with a little salt, Everglades seasoning, and the new Everglades Rub. I put them on my OK Joe offset at right around 275-300. A little hotter than I usually run but I was a little late getting back and getting ready to cook. I ran them néekid all the way and it took a grand total of 3 1/2 hours on the smoker. I did decide to put some sauce on these ribs. I took some Sweet Baby Rays and thinned it down with a little bit of Agave nectar to add a little sweetness. I brushed on a very light coat of the sauce about 30 minutes before the ribs were ready to come off the smoker. I wanted to be sure it had plenty of time to set up. I played them with just some steamed cauliflower and brussels sprouts. I didn't get a seasoned shot before I put them on the smoker but I got one at an hour in and then the finished and plated shots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 308
Great cook and everything on your plate are favorites of mine! What did your dog get? I saw him helping you with the rehab, he deserves something too.

Damn fine looking meal! Even the Brussels! You can par cook and grill those bad boys too (and I bet you could smoke'm as well). Yum!

Back