Steel vs Stone…. Pizza Talk!

Phriday or Saturday evening the kidos want a Texas Supreme Stuffed pizza so gonna give that a try

Thanks for all the reply’s fellows y’all have a great evening and weekend

'Dough...

Other big factors are they type of dough you are using. And what temps you will be cooking at.

Speaking of dough.

One of my favorite types of pizza...is the VERY thin crust..."cracker crust" type pizzas.

I believe the only real way you can get those, is with a "dough sheeter"....the mechanical device.

Anyway have or dealt with one of these in their pizza making?

I think you also have to do that dough a bit different...very low water content, etc...

Anyway..wondering if anyone has experience doing this?

I'd love to be able to do that.

Texture I'm talking about is like the Pizza Hut "Thin and Crisp" crust.....that type crust.

Thanks in advance,
cayenne

Speaking of dough.

One of my favorite types of pizza...is the VERY thin crust..."cracker crust" type pizzas.

I believe the only real way you can get those, is with a "dough sheeter"....the mechanical device.

Anyway have or dealt with one of these in their pizza making?

I think you also have to do that dough a bit different...very low water content, etc...

Anyway..wondering if anyone has experience doing this?

I'd love to be able to do that.

Texture I'm talking about is like the Pizza Hut "Thin and Crisp" crust.....that type crust.

Thanks in advance,
cayenne

I'll echo this as my preferred style as well, the "tavern" style that is very prevalent in the northern chicago burbs, cut in squares of course. sofa king good. I love Lou Malnati's and we have managed to create a dead on clone of it, but that tavern style is like crack, I could crush and entire pizza in one sitting. I need to learn this style, we've played with it a little but haven't been successful with it yet. the key is definitely the crust. I dont think you need a sheeter to do it but I think you could accomplish it with some handy rolling pin work. the pizzamaking.com site has a lot of great advice about handling the different styles, I need to take some time researching the tavern pizza crust and experiment some more with it.

Back