THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whumpa

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charles
We want to do a double smoked ham for Easter, but we bought a spiral cut by mistake. I know out of experience that spiral cut hams have a tendency to dry out when double smoking. My idea is to do a bacon weave on it than toss it in the smoker. Has anyone tried this method and how was the results? Thank you.

Are you taking it past 140° internally? That is all I let mine go to. I would think that even if you wrap in bacon, it will be dry on the inside if you overcook it. It should taste good though....:thumb:

Are you taking it past 140° internally? That is all I let mine go to. I would think that even if you wrap in bacon, it will be dry on the inside if you overcook it. It should taste good though....:thumb:

Agree.

Treat your smoker just like a clean cooking oven. I take mine to 140 - the ham is already cooked, cured, and just needs warmed.

As far as smoke goes, go easy. There's no need to add add too much extra smoke - it's already in the seasoning.

Back