THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Today we are bbqing over at my friends house so I figured last minute to make some corn salsa. Here are some pics and a recipe for you all. It is a great fresh salsa. Hopefully some of you will try this if you want a sonoran style corn salsa

sorry no fancy plated pics this time

Rancho Corn Salsa

2 Dried new mexico red chiles, stemmed and seeded
3 ears corn
1.5 teaspoon oil
4 table spoons fine diced onion
2 Roma tomatoes (blackened and chopped)
1 clove garlic (roasted and smashed)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon oregano (rubbed between fingers)
1 table spoon lime juice

Toast the chiles and rehydrate…..juilian in short strips
Cut corn from cob dry roast for 4-5 minutes tossing continually till roasted.
Heat oil and suatee onions till translucent (about 5 min)
Combine all ingredients in bowl and toss till mixed (salt to taste I need more then what this calls for) Makes about 2 cups and you can easly add to or sub different ingredients to this recipe. It is a great base to start from…

You can see I subbed a lot on this go around but it was great…I added beans and used granulated garlic since I burnt my last two cloves. I also only use the outer shell of the roma tomatoes excluding the core is a good way to keep your salsa from being to watery. Another sub I did was using canned corn and added a can of green chiles Thx for lookin and hope some of you try this.

Back