My take on Salsa

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
G'Day Bruces.

With the Pulled Pork the other day, I made my kinda salsa. To me, a salsa should not be too wet. The moisture comes out of the tomatoes over time and so keeping the mix as dry as possible early on means you don't end up with slop.

Your ingredients:
P-20221229-162932.jpg

2 Red Onions, chopped
A head of garlic, minced
4 to 6 in season tomatoes, deseeded, wiped dry and chopped.
As much cilantro as you want.
2 Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce chopped with the sauce
1/3 cup lime juice
S&P to taste

P-20221229-171039.jpg

P-20221229-171604.jpg

Done:
P-20221229-172005.jpg

And the next day, still so much moisture, but it's actually better and still not slop.
P-20221230-183023.jpg

Having this today with pulled pork lettuce wraps and my take on guacamole.

Cheers!

G'Day Bruces.

With the Pulled Pork the other day, I made my kinda salsa. To me, a salsa should not be too wet. The moisture comes out of the tomatoes over time and so keeping the mix as dry as possible early on means you don't end up with slop.

P-20221230-183023.jpg

Cheers!

Looks good! That's basically my recipe for Pico de Gallo, except I use fresh jalapenos instead of chipotle peppers in adobo.

What's your take on guacamole? Mine is basically those same ingredients, but in different ratios, plus avocados.

G'Day Bruces.

Your ingredients:
P-20221229-162932.jpg

2 Red Onions, chopped
A head of garlic, minced
4 to 6 in season tomatoes, deseeded, wiped dry and chopped.
As much cilantro as you want.
2 Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce chopped with the sauce
1/3 cup lime juice
S&P to taste

P-20221229-171039.jpg

P-20221229-171604.jpg

Done:
P-20221229-172005.jpg

And the next day, still so much moisture, but it's actually better and still not slop.
P-20221230-183023.jpg

Cheers!
Salsa looks incredible. Could mix with ceviche and make a fortune.

Looks great Bruce. One of my favorite Brands use to sell a chipotle corn and black bean salsa i loved. Havent seen it since Covid ( think the company went under ) but i would be tempted to make fresh, but its hard to judge chipotle without making things too spicy for everyone. ( i have a lot of family members that can't handle heat )

Looks good! That's basically my recipe for Pico de Gallo, except I use fresh jalapenos instead of chipotle peppers in adobo.

What's your take on guacamole? Mine is basically those same ingredients, but in different ratios, plus avocados.

My take on Guac. I just made some. No pics. Might do it again tomorrow as I got a tray of avo's for $5 bucks.

I just made this batch with 6 avo's

4 Avo's squashed with a fork.
1 Cup sour cream.
Lime juice to taste
2 smoked garlic cloves
S&P to taste
Mix it all up then fold through the 2 other chopped avo's
Finally stir in some cilantro.

Seeing your beautiful salsa makes me really miss the days when I used to make it.

My GF's doctor told her she had to quit eating high potassium foods (tomatoes) so I haven't made a batch since.

Maybe I need to make a batch just for me....

To me, a salsa should not be too wet. The moisture comes out of the tomatoes over time and so keeping the mix as dry as possible early on means you don't end up with slop.

Another option would be to disgourge the tomatoes separately from the rest of the salsa. Just chop the tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and leave them in a colander for 30-45 minutes. A lot of the juice will drain out rather than ending up in the salsa

Dang! Making me drool! I used to make a jar full nearly every other week. Looks like I found my new year's resolution, and I have never had a new year's resolution in my life. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back