Some Cold Smoked Butter

No need to apologize, this is awesome!
Thanks so much Phillip! Nice to see ya.

Awesome for sure! When I move to the county a smoke house is in order
Thanks Tom! You need a smokehouse. :-D

Butter can be shelf stable? I feel like every time you make a post like this, I learn something that I wouldn't have ever considered to be possible. Not to mention the inspiration from the cooks.
Very kind of you Justin... Thank you! Hope you and family are doing well!
It's nice to have the smoked butter on the shelf. I made this in January and have almost used it all. This batch made a little over 2 cases of half pints. I did give some to friends though. lol
Thanks for the kind words!

Quite incredible Jeanie! You amaze me every time!

Cheers!

Bill
Thanks so much Bill! :-D

Home run per usual, Miss Jeanie!!

You make it look too easy!

Hope you and yours are well.

Thank you Pat! All is well here. Spring is in the air! Hope you are doing well too. :-D

WOW !!! as always just amazing .....
Thanks so much Jason! Hope you give smoked butter a try sometime! :-D

My God, Women!!!❤��
Thank you Gary!! This butter is great on sauteed fish filets. Hope you are having a great 2021 so far! :-D

Fantastic, Jeanie!!! Just fantastic!!!
Thank you Joe! Very kind of you! :-D

Amazing! How did you cook that egg? I’ve never seen one quite like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Bubba! I'll post some pics of the egg process. It's super easy!

Sweet.
Ed

Thanks Ed! :-D

I'm no stranger to canning, but I can say that I've never heard of canning butter. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Jayson! It's nice to have the butter...and other canned goods on hand. I avoid going to town if I don't have to. :laugh:
Nice to see another fan of canning!

You're the real deal girl. It all looked great.
Thanks Kevin! Us Okies can survive. :-D

How does the smoke change the taste of the butter? Excellent looking smoke session, very impressive.

Thank you Joedy! Smoked butter is pretty danged tasty. imo. You can still taste the butter flavor, but it has a hint of smoky goodness. I use it on potatoes, eggs, biscuits, other veggies. Just about anything that calls for a dab of butter.

Master Class Jeanie. :clap:

Thanks so much Kevin! Hope all is well on your end of the world! :-D

Words can't describe Jeanie.
Thank you Marty! :-D

So awesome. Country living at its finest.
Thank you Chester! Country life is pretty nice at times. :-D

Thanks Clay! :-D

Thank you Shiz! :-D

Nice. I enjoy seeing the right amount of smoke and low heat used on cheese, but especially used on butter. Would you share your canning technique because butter falls into that gray zone of a low-acid food that has never had any USDA or State Extension testing (and testing effectively stopped in the 1950's), and so I've seen 5 or 6 methods online that are radically different. I do small batch smoked butter and make compound butter with some of it, but I'd like to explore canning. And lastly, I want to know how you cooked that egg, it looks amazing.

Thanks! I pressure can the butter. I've seen people just melt the butter, fill jars and call it good. I don't trust that method at all. lol I wouldn't water bath it either.
My blog post shows a little bit more of the process..
https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2021/03/cold-smoking-and-canning-butter.html
The eggs are easy to make and so delicious! I guess I like the texture of them. lol
I'll post the method!
Thanks again!

Amazed as always with all that you do.

But those eggs! We need a separate post just on those :-D

That looks amazing neighbor!

I need to get to work and build a smoker here. I miss the one I had to leave behind.

That looks amazing neighbor!

I need to get to work and build a smoker here. I miss the one I had to leave behind.

Thanks Neighbor! I bet your new neighborhood is gorgeous!!
Hope all is well with you! :-D

Genius I tells ya, and the day you post too many pictures... just put the coins on my eyes!

Genius I tells ya, and the day you post too many pictures... just put the coins on my eyes!
Thanks Blue! Good to see ya...hope the world is treating you right! :-D

Amazing and always informative!
Thank you Dom! I've been canning a lot this winter. Must be part squirrel. lol

I’ve never smoked butter but now I want to :clap2: nicely done
Thanks Suds! You need to try smoked butter. It doesn't take much smoke to make it tasty. Goes great in many dishes too! :-D

Work is keeping me busy and converting a house to a home can take some work.

Doing well - Thank you

That sounds like a good kind of "busy" to be doing! Best of luck to you getting settled in! :-D

That's just beautiful Jeanie.

I haven't smoked any butter in years.
Of course I did small batches in my stick burner and the stored it in the fridge.
No idea why I haven't done so again.

And yes. Definitely a pressure canning thing if yer gonna can it.

Great post. Thanks.

That's just beautiful Jeanie.

I haven't smoked any butter in years.
Of course I did small batches in my stick burner and the stored it in the fridge.
No idea why I haven't done so again.

And yes. Definitely a pressure canning thing if yer gonna can it.

Great post. Thanks.

Thanks Craig! Smoked butter is nice to have on hand. Hope all is well with you and family! Hope the weather isn't too bad there!
Good to see ya. :-D

First, what a fantastic post. Now you have me at smoked butter on the tri tip. I never knew or thunk of smoking butter but, now it's a must. We have some cold nights coming up so I am going to advantage of them. Super cool on canning the butter which I also never heard of. I will be doing the keep chilled method...baby steps :wink: I think I will throw in some salt too and what the heck some mozzarella. Thanks for sharing and enabling my addiction :-D

First, what a fantastic post. Now you have me at smoked butter on the tri tip. I never knew or thunk of smoking butter but, now it's a must. We have some cold nights coming up so I am going to advantage of them. Super cool on canning the butter which I also never heard of. I will be doing the keep chilled method...baby steps :wink: I think I will throw in some salt too and what the heck some mozzarella. Thanks for sharing and enabling my addiction :-D

Thanks so much Joe! Let me know if you give it a go!
Sometimes I place the butter on a mesh rack over a pan of ice. It keeps things cool.
Like this..

eJ5ER5u.jpg

Hope you have the best of luck with it!

Back