Some Cold Smoked Butter

Whenever I do that with cheese I end up with condensation on the cheese and a not so good smoke flavor. I must be doing something wrong.

I've never smoked cheese on ice. Just butter, eggs, chocolate chips... that's all I can think of right now.
Odd that it caused condensation!

Great stuff, Jeanie! That smoked pepperjack really got my attention. :whoo:

All of it though - loving every bit! If it got cold here I'd try cold smoking. :becky:

Never thought about canning butter for storage, but love the smoked idea.

That smoked butter popcorn really seems so simple and delicious...

Well I have to admit I use regular unsalted butter for everything except special stuff. Like a fresh baked ciabatta, fresh cut asparagus, oysters that kind of stuff. For the specials I use good Irish butter. It ain’t the same as American. NOW along comes Jeanie and smoked butter. I now have my weekend planned. Thanks so much Cowgirl.

Thanks Ulc! :-D

Well I have to admit I use regular unsalted butter for everything except special stuff. Like a fresh baked ciabatta, fresh cut asparagus, oysters that kind of stuff. For the specials I use good Irish butter. It ain’t the same as American. NOW along comes Jeanie and smoked butter. I now have my weekend planned. Thanks so much Cowgirl.

lol I hope you have great luck with it! It doesn't take much smoke to make it tasty. Thanks! :-D

You never cease to amaze me Jeanie! You need to develop a retail line and make your creations available to the public.

Pulled the trigger last night :-D Butter has a nice kiss of smoke as well as the salt.

Method:
Amazin tube filled with hickory pellets then topped off the last 1/4 with apple to keep butter mild.
Butter on for a little under 2 hours as suggested.
Kosher Salt (quick spritz of water) on for about 6 hours...wish it had a little more smoke.

Thanks again

Attachments

• PXL_20210326_234041519.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210326_234041519.MP.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 13
Every time I think I've seen everything, you prove me wrong.

Food Network viewers are missing out on your always unique food takes and techniques. Light-years better than 99% of what they air.

Wow. Just wow! I'm still open to adoption talks!

lol Thanks Dean! I need to build a bunk house! lol

Outstanding You cant post too many pics
Hope you are doing well

Thank you George! All is well here, keeping busy!
Hope you and family are doing well too. :-D

You never cease to amaze me Jeanie! You need to develop a retail line and make your creations available to the public.
Thanks Neil! Good to see ya.
I think that would cut into my fishing time. lol :-D

Pulled the trigger last night :-D Butter has a nice kiss of smoke as well as the salt.

Method:
Amazin tube filled with hickory pellets then topped off the last 1/4 with apple to keep butter mild.
Butter on for a little under 2 hours as suggested.
Kosher Salt (quick spritz of water) on for about 6 hours...wish it had a little more smoke.

Thanks again

Outstanding!! Looks great Joe!!
I've never used a tube, not sure how much smoke they put out, I suppose it depends on the type of pellets too.
Looks fantastic! Thanks so much for posting! :-D

Every time I think I've seen everything, you prove me wrong.

Food Network viewers are missing out on your always unique food takes and techniques. Light-years better than 99% of what they air.

Very kind of you Erik! Thanks so much! :hug:
I'm not a huge fan of tv. It would be difficult for me to take it serious. :laugh:
Hope you and family are doing well!

Back