SoCal Brethren - Charity Cook on 12/6

Sorry I missed you John... did you get the new drum past the wife???

Long story.......short version is "no". Had I not stopped to chat with Big, Mrs, and Mini Mista, I would have gotten home in time to stash it. But.....

I told her I was making a fire basket for it for Ray, since he hadn't made a UDS before. A Grinch-like excuse, eh?

I am giving my backup UDS to a local pastor, so I might able to hide it, but I gotta work quickly.

Just wanted to pass along to the folks who helped a thank-you note we got from one of the organizers:

I wanted to drop a quick note to say thank YOU for making Saturday an AMAZING experience.
We’re grateful and inspired by your deep commitment and generous support. Please extend our thanks and gratitude to all of your
BBQ Brethren as well.

Youth, caregivers and volunteers were blown away by the selection, high quality and taste of what you prepared. One volunteer commented, “It’s not only delicious food, but I’m so impressed by how much they care and are passionate about what they do”. And to coax kids away from the candy buffet and cotton candy... you know that’s some fantastic food!

In the upcoming week or so, stay tuned video montage capturing the day’s festivities that you’ll be able to share this with your network of supporters. Until then I wish you and your family a beautiful holiday season and new year of peace and happiness.

Thanks for sharing that Greg!!!
Just want to say that I had such a great time!
This event really hit home for me. I have 3 in the nest right now. They are from my oldest child. He and his girlfriend dropped the ball many years ago and my 3 Grandchildren ended up in foster care. Long story short, my wife and I adopted them and they have been with us for 8 years now. Getting to feed all the kids was such an honor.

The drum,
Thats a cool story! QJunky delivered 2 drums to my house (no charge) for John and I.

Thanks QJunky! :thumb:

Way to go, fellers'!!

Brethren Spirit is alive and well!

G, which beans did you cook for this shindig?

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Way to go, fellers'!!

Brethren Spirit is alive and well!

G, which beans did you cook for this shindig?

Keri's Hog Apple - people just freak over those. I made a bunch of breakfast fatties to put in 'em, along with some smoked picnics and a little home-cured ham. I used Bigmista's Perfect Pork for the rub that goes straight into the beans. This version had no heat, except for one fatty I cooked using Big Poppa Bacon Jalapeno rub that was interspersed through the 14# of meat that went into the beans. The sauce I used in the beans was a modded version of a recipe Big Brother Smoke put up in infernooo'ss sauce thread. They turned out very good methinks, but I prefer a little heat for my own batches.

And wanna add here - I put 'em in food grade 5 gallon buckets with those liners from Stark - worked great. Stayed hot for hours and easy for transport.

Just.
Farkin.
AWESOME!

Well done Brethren!
I'm just now seeing this thread. Wish I lived closer.

....mostly to try that turkey! :becky:

• Thanks
Just.
Farkin.
AWESOME!

Well done Brethren!
I'm just now seeing this thread. Wish I lived closer.

....mostly to try that turkey! :becky:

Bigmista needs to give up that turkey recipe!:becky:

Oh and Mrs. Mista needs to give up that sweet potato pie recipe.:thumb:

• Thanks
Back