So now I'm on the hunt for....

Couple others beside corn sugar.
Tamarind extract versus concentrate-
distilled white vinegar versus malted barley Vinegar*
Just looks like the UK Version may taste differently. Worth the hunt to find out-IMHO

*the malted barley vinegar sounds great

Couple others beside corn sugar.
Tamarind extract versus concentrate-
distilled white vinegar versus malted barley Vinegar*
Just looks like the UK Version may taste differently. Worth the hunt to find out-IMHO

*the malted barley vinegar sounds great

Guess I focused on only one thing:loco:

Please let us know if you find an online source, I would give it a run.

Sugar is sugar no matter what it's source. Our body knows no difference.

Sounds interesting Adams, good luck with the hunt.

I know you're a farmer and being from a farm myself, that drives me so crazy :crazy:

And the hell of it is that the HFCS that people bitch about "being so evil" is 55% Fructose and 45% Sucrose. Normal white table sugar is 50/50.

The reason people hate it so much is not that HFCS tastes sweeter, it's that the manufacturers use more of it. Throwback Pepsi tastes less sweet because they use less sweetener. NOT because HFCS tastes that much sweeter.

Anywho, that's my soapbox for a Thursday morning.

When I was a younger man, child actually- we used to visit a place called Alfie's Fish and Chips. On each table was a malted vinegar to shake on to the fish chips and fries.

Malted Barley is good- no great in a lot of things---BEER Hooray Beer :-() sorry that was lame.

My son and DIL travel fairly often to islands and Europe. They always brag on the food-street beach and restaurant. They always seem to work in a cooking class or two in Italy Nassau wherever.

He's never made a reference other than everything they cook from pizza to conch (sp) is fresh from the garden the ocean etc.

I don't even own a passport. Don't need one in the rivers I fish.

Orange label. Thanks. I like world market. Maybe they do. It's only a driver pitching wedge away

To add to what Norm said, your body doesn't know the difference between sugar and artificial sweeteners either.

I am so chuffed to know that there finally is something I am able to get that you guys struggle to get :p

Normally, it is very much the other way AND always more expensive

I just looked at the L&P label in my grocery store. American distilled white vinegar. I want my childhood malted barley vinegar :))

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B0051C0KJS/R276KIORNMRD7T/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_rvw_1?ie=UTF8&cursor=1"]Amazon[/ame]

Here's a good side by side review.

Ingredient list for Annie's Worcestishire.
Water, *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Molasses, Soy Sauce (Water, *Soybean, Salt, *Wheat, *Alcohol), *Cane Sugar, *Tamarind, Salt, *Cornstarch, Xanthan Gum, *Garlic, *Onion, *Clove, *Chili Pepper. *Organic Ingredients.
Checked Amazon for orange label and a delivery date that doesn't fit with my fishing schedule. So here's what I've found

L&P American white vinegar
L&P UK malted barley vinegar
Annie's-Apple cider vinegar

Local world Market shows U.K. Out of stock online and nothing in store.
Walked 3 mi early. Will ponder on bike ride. Will make a decision on golf course. Cheers kids.

Lea and Perrins Natural Worcestershire Sauce does not contain HFCS.

I used to believe HFCS was not recognized by the body and was assimilated the same as sucrose. This is what the the corn lobby want you to believe. Sucrose is a 50/50 mix of glucose and fructose molecules. HFCS is made where an "acid-enzyme" step is used in which the cornstarch solution is acidified to digest the existing carbohydrates, then enzymes are added to further metabolize the cornstarch and convert the resulting sugars to their constituents of fructose and glucose. The result is a molecule that is bound and not broke down by the body the same as glucose/fructose is in natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or even sucrose.

I for one am a living example of what HFCS can do as I have gout. Once I cut out HFCS I have not had another gout attack. I do not take any meds for my gout even though the Dr's tried to put me on them. I made the decision to eliminate HFCS as a result of overwhelming evidence of the cause and effect of HFCS and gout. I personally
make every attempt to avoid HFCS and since doing so I have not had to endure another gout attack.

Avoiding HFCS is not easy as it is in everything from beverages, baked goods, sauces, deserts, canned goods, etc. European food producers have started using High Fructose Wheat Syrup to get around laws limiting HFCS use, however it is the same enzymatic process. Many studies have indicated HFCS affects brain chemistry which leads to overeating, time will tell. Seems to me it would be easier to revert back to using sugar or natural sweeteners but the mighty dollar continues to win out. Also the FDA has allowed producers in this country to label HFCS 90 as fructose on packaging (BS IMHO).

Back