THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JohnFiz

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Greetings,

Well tonight is the night. I have been doing some reading to figure out how to get this thing started. I have about 10 hrs to get it figured out. Wish me luck.

Bagged
Brisket.jpg

I'll try to update as I go. Planning on putting it on about 9 tonight.

Enjoy,
John

If you don't have a plan look up bludawg brisket. Simple and reliable.

Best advice I've seen posted already: have fun. This is fun, man! I used to get really anxious and wound up: that ain't no way to bbq.

Second best advice already posted: look up Bludawg brisket. Do that.

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Well it was 180 in there when I got up at 7 :shock:

Stuck the probes in for monitoring. Didn't want to leave the unit out over night. I might do that next time.

Appears to have a fair amount of charcoal left.

Opened vents a bit and it's holding around 235.

Receiver
rec.jpg

John

Last time I ran at 235 it took 14+ hours...just be prepared...and don't pull it until probe tender and wrap and hold for a couple of hours....you will be blessed with awesomeness.

Thanks for all the input!

I can see without my headband flashlight now.

Not planning on wrapping until done. Trying to keep the first one simple for a baseline. Pretty sure I have just entered the stall. Not much woof either.

This is the second time the lid has been off in 12 hrs :wink:
peek.jpg

Status
current.jpg

Thanks for looking,
John

I haven't had the lid off again yet. I guess I should take another peek at some point.

15 hr mark. Making progress
15hrs.jpg

John

Back