Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin at the Maples 8/1-8/2 2015

you can always come this weekend and hang with us.. we need a bouncer at the door. :)

done.. its listed with NEB and yes cliff, we were always NEBS. We skipped last year due to family illness and had to cancel the event, but the previous 7 were always NEBS.

This year, Wilie is running the show. My job wont afford me the time needed to organize the event.

Thanks Phil. As you know we have been to this contest a few times, and Sayville, Medford, and Greenport. I'm not adverse to a ferry trip. Hey, they have a bar. :wink:

NEBS lists other contests in NY and PA, not just New England. If you didn't step up I was also going to offer to chip in.

I would be happy to donate the $10 to the children's foundation instead.

(Since we are at 25 teams, I think if listing encourages even just one team, that's a good thing.)

Sorry guys, I am a little confused. (happens often...) Does this NEBS talk mean the grilling contest is now back on for Saturday?

The grilling part of this event was already decided

Smokin Irish GC
Smokin Irish RGC
Smokin Irish 3rd-28th place

They were the only team to enter the grilling

The grilling part of this event was already decided

Smokin Irish GC
Smokin Irish RGC
Smokin Irish 3rd-28th place

They were the only team to enter the grilling

Ummm . . . NO THEY WEREN'T!

We were also signed up AND PAID.

So how many other were there?

sorry tim i haunt seen your app yet phil must still have it
you guys came in 29th than right behind Smokin Irish

with you there were 2 teams signed up

team list
as mention in an earlier post the grilling event has been cancelled

1. Stubborn Bull BBQ
2. Rolling Grill BBQ
3. Long Island Pig Congress
4. I Like to Rub my Meat
5. PIT Micks Barbecue
6. Dan's TBD BBQ
7. Buenos Diaz BBQ
8. Cry Babies BBQ
9. Baldy's BBQ
10. Ma's Q
11. Smokin Irish BBQ
12. Chubby Hubby BBQ
13. Brothers in Smoke
14. Willie B's BBQ
15. Iree Q
16. Kiss my Ash BBQ
17. Rhode Hog BBQ
18. Get Your Smoke On BBQ
19. Blazin Butts BBQ
20. Dawg Pound Smokin Q
21. HomeTown Cafe
22. Grimm Reapers BBQ
23. Struggletown BBQ
24. Eastern Beast BBQ
25. Babylon GrillBillies
26. Kuato Lives
27. shake n bake
28. Kiss my Brisket
29. Q Haven
30. Divine Swine-LI
31. Smokin' Hoggz BBQ
32. R2BQ

Sorry guys, I am a little confused. (happens often...) Does this NEBS talk mean the grilling contest is now back on for Saturday?

NEBS teams compete for the Ken Dakai cup for "grilling", and NEBS Team of the Year for KCBS. In this case, since grilling was dropped, it means the event is participating in the NEBS Team of the Year program for KCBS.

It's one of the things I look at when determining what events to attend, and Smokin' at the Maples has always been listed in the past. Good to see it's listed for this year as well.

No. NEBS Team of the Year points can be gathered by NEBS teams for just the BBQ competition numbers.

Food Drive

Hey,

We had only one team that was willing to participate, so we are going to be cancelling the food drive.

Eric

Back