Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin at the Maples 8/1-8/2 2015

To all teams competing at the Maples you will be receiving a phone call from me starting monday of next week to go over everything you can ask questions at that time

updated team list we are at 22 teams as of today

1. Stubborn Bull BBQ
2. Rolling Grill BBQ
3. Long Island Pig Congress
4. I Like to Rub my Meat
5. PIT Micks Barbecue
6. Dan's TBD BBQ
7. Buenos Diaz BBQ
8. Cry Babies BBQ
9. Baldy's BBQ
10. Ma's Q
11. Smokin Irish BBQ
12. Chubby Hubby BBQ
13. Brothers in Smoke
14. Willie B's BBQ
15. Iree Q
16. Kiss my Ash BBQ
17. Rhode Hog BBQ
18. Get Your Smoke On BBQ
19. Blazin Butts BBQ
20. Dawg Pound Smokin Q
21. HomeTown Cafe
22. Grimm Reapers BBQ

I don't see Struggletown BBQ. We sent in paperwork and check last week. Is there anything I need to do?

what are the other attractions this year? is there a car show or any family stuff? crafts, rides, vendors? just so i can let people know.

I don't see Eastern Beast on that list either -- application mailed a week ago, paid via PayPal. I can provide the confirmation number if needed.

team list
as mention in an earlier post the grilling event has been cancelled

1. Stubborn Bull BBQ
2. Rolling Grill BBQ
3. Long Island Pig Congress
4. I Like to Rub my Meat
5. PIT Micks Barbecue
6. Dan's TBD BBQ
7. Buenos Diaz BBQ
8. Cry Babies BBQ
9. Baldy's BBQ
10. Ma's Q
11. Smokin Irish BBQ
12. Chubby Hubby BBQ
13. Brothers in Smoke
14. Willie B's BBQ
15. Iree Q
16. Kiss my Ash BBQ
17. Rhode Hog BBQ
18. Get Your Smoke On BBQ
19. Blazin Butts BBQ
20. Dawg Pound Smokin Q
21. HomeTown Cafe
22. Grimm Reapers BBQ
23. Struggletown BBQ
24. Eastern Beast BBQ
25. Babylon GrillBillies
26. Kuato Lives
27. shake n bake
28. Kiss my Brisket

Food Pantry Donations

Hi!

We used to do this a lot and it sort of drifted away. I'd like to change that.

If you are cool with cooking something extra at Smokin' at the Maples, we will have a representative from the Gerald Ryan Outreach Center pick up donations for those in need. They are an adjunct of Island Harvest.

It really doesn't matter what it is. It could be a turkey, a ham, a pork shoulder, some beef, leftovers from your turn-ins, whatever.

If you'd like to lend a hand, please let me know. PM me or post here.

Thanks!

Eric

Does anyone have or know of kids that are in high school and need some volunteer work for their college apps? We are in need of volunteers and John's charity will most certainly write a good letter of satisfaction for them.
If you know of kids who just like to help or owe you a favor we would appreciate you conscripting them into service.
Duties would include things like garbage removal and general support.

Don't quote me but I think the expectation is a NEBS contest. Might just be in the works or not.

Skip,

I'm the chair for the NEBS sanctioning committee, so I am quite certain it's not NEBS listed for KCBS or grilling. If the listed fee is paid prior to the start of the contest, it could be included, but right now it's not.

Since it looks like it's KCBS only, there wouldn't be any review. If the listed fee ($50) is paid via www.nebs.org prior to the start of the event, it would count toward NEBS TOY.

Happy to see we are at 25 now. A few more wouldn't hurt, as you need 25 teams to turn in all four categories for it to be a Jack qualifier.

chris.... willie said in post #32 that grilling was cancelled.

I agree. NEBS TOY points for BBQ would be available if the contest is sanctioned by them.
C'mon Willie...get the info over to Chris!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Skip,

I'm the chair for the NEBS sanctioning committee, so I am quite certain it's not NEBS listed for KCBS or grilling. If the listed fee is paid prior to the start of the contest, it could be included, but right now it's not.

Since it looks like it's KCBS only, there wouldn't be any review. If the listed fee ($50) is paid via www.nebs.org prior to the start of the event, it would count toward NEBS TOY.

Happy to see we are at 25 now. A few more wouldn't hurt, as you need 25 teams to turn in all four categories for it to be a Jack qualifier.

Yup. Didn't mean to imply that it was a NEBS event just that all the talk seemed to be about getting its listed.

Back