THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TxQGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big C
Hey y'all. In an effort to cook for the missus this week (I took the week off for spring break to hang out with my little guy), I wanted to try my hand at doing a meatloaf on the Old Smokey. Was just gonna do it indirect, with the usual lump and mesquite chunks. Couple of questions though:

1) should I just chunk it on the grill like a big fatty? Or do you put it in a pan?

2) assuming 2lbs beginning weight...how long do you figure it would take?

3) any other tips/tricks?

I smoke mine in a big football size loaf about 3-4 lbs on foil about same size so grease drains off
1.5-2-2.5 hrs till hits 165*

e2014bb4caec193a2e2ceed2da099b7c.jpg

NBxQcoIl.jpg

tFuTqkPl.jpg

fKB64Yul.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I make meat loaf in a steel loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. I let it chill for a few hours and even overnight if need be. Flip it over and the loaf will come out like a brick. Onto the smoker until IT of 160. Let it rest for 20mins and dig in. I love smoked meatloaf.

I put sheet of parchment into a loaf pan, then form the meatloaf in the pan. Flip it over and it comes right out. Smoke indirect. Won't cook it in the oven ever again.

I never do it(or much else) the same way twice in a row

Balls-Oval-Dome-in loaf Pan, formed in loaf pan then removed-Cast Iron skillet, cupcakes(my favorite), even in cast iron corn stick pans. I’ve probably cooked them other ways but they evade me

I make meat loaf in a steel loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. I let it chill for a few hours and even overnight if need be. Flip it over and the loaf will come out like a brick. Onto the smoker until IT of 160. Let it rest for 20mins and dig in. I love smoked meatloaf.

this is what i do to, sorry no pics

Back