Smoked meatloaf?

TxQGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big C
Hey y'all. In an effort to cook for the missus this week (I took the week off for spring break to hang out with my little guy), I wanted to try my hand at doing a meatloaf on the Old Smokey. Was just gonna do it indirect, with the usual lump and mesquite chunks. Couple of questions though:

1) should I just chunk it on the grill like a big fatty? Or do you put it in a pan?

2) assuming 2lbs beginning weight...how long do you figure it would take?

3) any other tips/tricks?

I smoke mine in a big football size loaf about 3-4 lbs on foil about same size so grease drains off
1.5-2-2.5 hrs till hits 165*

e2014bb4caec193a2e2ceed2da099b7c.jpg

NBxQcoIl.jpg

tFuTqkPl.jpg

fKB64Yul.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I make meat loaf in a steel loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. I let it chill for a few hours and even overnight if need be. Flip it over and the loaf will come out like a brick. Onto the smoker until IT of 160. Let it rest for 20mins and dig in. I love smoked meatloaf.

I put sheet of parchment into a loaf pan, then form the meatloaf in the pan. Flip it over and it comes right out. Smoke indirect. Won't cook it in the oven ever again.

I never do it(or much else) the same way twice in a row

Balls-Oval-Dome-in loaf Pan, formed in loaf pan then removed-Cast Iron skillet, cupcakes(my favorite), even in cast iron corn stick pans. I’ve probably cooked them other ways but they evade me

I make meat loaf in a steel loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. I let it chill for a few hours and even overnight if need be. Flip it over and the loaf will come out like a brick. Onto the smoker until IT of 160. Let it rest for 20mins and dig in. I love smoked meatloaf.

this is what i do to, sorry no pics

Back