THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PitRow

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
way back when I was a noob at this stuff, the first time I ever made fish tacos was right after Cowgirl posted her Smoked Codfish Tacos with Chipotle Slaw and I followed it pretty closely. I've made it several times since, but I realized the other day it had been a couple years since I've made them again. So I defrosted some mahi mahi fillets and got to work.

I cut the fish into, matchsticks? I don't know what to call them, extra large julienne? I tossed those with some olive oil and taco seasonings, then into the smoker at 250 for about an hour.

While those were cooking, I made the slaw... a diced up chipotle in adobo sauce, with an extra spoonful of sauce, mayo, salt, lime juice, mixed up with a bag of coleslaw mix. And let it rest in the fridge while the fish finished. I also whipped up some avocado sour cream, which is just a ripe avocado blended into a tub of sour cream with a little salt.

The fish ready to come off the smoker

dcf3d50895de7282fc661c61f4ef35a1.jpg

After letting the fish cool a bit, I shredded it all up
e2247536bde50f400f30189d551f841d.jpg

Tortilla, fish, salsa, slaw, sour cream. Mmmm. good eatin'
1e46fd5c993165962bba760f906de4f8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Those look fantastic! And I hear that Cowgirl can cook a mean dish of anythingshecancatch-shoot-orgrow! I'll have to try that recipe myself because it sounds like something right up my alley.

Back